Author Topic: German Address  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
German Address
« on: Tuesday 05 June 12 00:32 BST (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can help me locate this address in Germany.  It was used by an ancestor in a German Will in 1920, and I would like to be able to pin point it better (for the benefit of the Rootschat overseer all parties mentioned in the Will have since passed away) ???

"Kinderschule Grünwettersbach, Station Durlach, Germany"

Now I understand that Kinderschule means Kindergarden (I think) but when used with the other parts of the address is it enough to identify the actual building or place. The use of the word "Station" is curious (Bahnhof) as well.

Hopefully

Richard
Stay in the  Moment

Grainger - Wigton and Newcastle Area
Gibson - Newcastle/Scotland (Roxburgh) Areas
Crisell/Crissell/Chrysel/etc. - Suffolk Area
Schoch - Germany (Öhringen Area)

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: German Address
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 17:32 BST (UK) »
CarintianGirl,

Thanks I had used Google maps and located the general area but they do not actually give me a street address which is what I was hoping for. I'd assumed there would be a school there somewhere to narrow it down a bit.

Richard
Stay in the  Moment

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 21:20 BST (UK) »
Kinderschule is not a really usual expression in german.
don´t think iit is meant a Kindergarten. think it means an elementar-school!

Wikipedia shows this school and Kindergarten in Grünwettersbach:
http://ka.stadtwiki.net/Gr%C3%BCnwettersbach#Schulen_und_Kinderg.C3.A4rten

Schulen und Kindergärten
Kindergarten
Evangelischer Kindergarten, Horfstraße
Katholischer Kindergarten St. Thomas, Esslinger Straße 2
Schools and Kindergartens
Kindergarten
Protestant Kindergarten Horfstraße
Catholic Kindergarten in St. Thomas, Esslinger Straße 2

Schulen
Die „Heinz-Barth-Schule Wettersbach, Grund- und Hauptschule mit Werksrealschule“ hat zwei Schulgebäude:
Schulgebäude Grund- und Hauptschule, Esslinger Straße 2, Grünwettersbach, Telefon: (07 21) 9 45 38 71
Schulgebäude Grundschule, Zur Dorfwies 1, Grünwettersbach, Telefon: (07 21) 45 07 50 (wurde zu Schuljahresende 2009/10 geschlossen)
Schools
the "Heinz Barth-school Weathercreek, elementary and secondary school work school" has two school buildings:
school elementary and secondary school, Esslinger Strasse 2, Grünwettersbach, Phone: (07 21) 9 45 38 71
school elementary school, to Dorfwies 1 Grünwettersbach, Phone: (07 21) 45 07 50 (school closed since year 2009/10)

so you find in Esslingerstraße 2 an elementarschool AND a Kindergarten at same adress! very interesting or not?
no idea why Durlach is stated - it´s also confusing for me. maybe Grünwettersbach was subordinated by Durlach. or it was meant it´s reachable about station Durlach or so....
maybe you ask at office of the town Karlsruhe - departement  for schools and sports:
http://www.karlsruhe.de/b4/stadtverwaltung/aemterliste/kontakt/?dst=SUS&backUrl=/b4/stadtverwaltung/aemterliste
and/or ask also directly at Ortsverwaltung/Local Government Wettersbach:
http://www.karlsruhe.de/b4/stadtteile/bergdoerfer/wettersbach/ov-wettersbach.de
hope they understand english.

another question - if you have the will in german can you state it here or make a scan of ""Kinderschule Grünwettersbach, Station Durlach, Germany"". or a little bit more of this will. it would be more easy to understand for me. ;-) have you taken a translator for this?

Offline Schoch

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Completed
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 23:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Carinthiangirl,

Swissgill is helping in that regard (via PM) but thank you for the offer , I think she said it was in a Sutterlin alphabet (or old German).

It was the address that is written exactly as I have given that is problematic. It is in a General Wollmacht and reads "Kinderschule Grünwettersbach, Station Durlach, Baden", which is the address for the recipient mentioned in the will.  This person, Karoline Schoch B:1882 in Ohringen,  is my Great Aunt. I have been trying to locate details for her for over 3 years and other than the mention here there is no other record to be found yet.

I was hoping that if she was a teacher in the area I might be able to find out what happened to her after 1920 (the date on the document).

Regards

Richard
Stay in the  Moment

Offline carinthiangirl

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 June 12 11:55 BST (UK) »
"I think she said it was in a Sutterlin alphabet (or old German)."
logically at the stated time! i´m not sure you have read all correct, because of this thought for a scan so we can look on it. for german-lingual people of sure more easy then for you.

Wollmacht is not correct word
correct it is written Vollmacht = Power of attorney
Eine Vollmacht ist die Befugnis, wirksam im Namen einer anderen Person zu handeln (Vertretungsmacht). Diese Vertretungsmacht kann auf verschiedenste Weise begründet werden.
A power of attorney is empowered to act effectively on behalf of another person (power of attorney). This power of attorney can be explained in various ways.

and how it looks like it can only have been this above stated school, no other to find at internet.
so ask them about her: http://www.heinz-barth-schule.de/
http://www.heinz-barth-schule.de/index.php/impressum

Offline SwissGill

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 08 June 12 06:22 BST (UK) »
You might have misunderstood me, Richard. The Will is in German. The document giving permission for Friedrich August Louis Schoch to emigrate to England, dated 1895, is in Sütterlin. However, it's a standard document issued b the Königreich Württemberg and only has his name, profession and date written in.
Whitlow: Witton-cum-Twambrooks/Northwich
Bowers: Marthall, Siddington, Cheshire
Owen: Cheshire
Pfisterer (Fisher): West Riding Yks 1850-1875
Fisher (Pfisterer): Des Moines, Iowa 1886-
Wallis: West Riding Yks/Des Moines, Iowa, 1892-
Heinzmann: Hull/Northwich
Pfisterer, Heinzmann, Künzelsau, Baden-Württemberg
Brueck: Kocherstetten B-W
Volpp: Morsbach B-W
Schluchterer: Künzelsau, B-W