Author Topic: Windsor Castle 1861 census  (Read 1763 times)

Offline Amanda134

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Windsor Castle 1861 census
« on: Tuesday 05 June 12 20:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Am trying to  find my great great grandfather Martin DAY, born 1830 Saffron Walden,Essex on the 1861 census. I know he worked as a Groom for the Royal Household and lived in Windsor. Have found his wife Matilda and children but Martin is missing. Have looked at the census's but can't find him. Wonder if someone could help and see if they can find him, Please!
Wondered if he could have been on the Isle of Wight as the Queen was there for the 1861 census? although as a Groom, am sure they were not that important?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Kind regards
Amanda
Wright,Child/s, Rixon,Wade,LLoyd,Morse,Thorne - Pembrokeshire,Wales
Dawson,Carter - Bucks , Berkshire & Surrey
Day's of Saffron Walden,Essex & surrey
Day's & Wright's, Eddles, Scott, Bayles Geeringh, De La Rey, Nel, Cloete, Rosseau.... most of the French Hugenot families! of Cape,South Africa

Offline Vicwinann

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Windsor Castle 1861 census
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 09:05 BST (UK) »
hello,
I have had a look and your Martin Day 1830 does not show up at all on the FMPast Index.  Nor does he show on the Government 1861 Index.  I have tried no end of different possibilities.  There are only 3 Martin Days, one a 6yr old, the others 17 and 18 respectively.  I could not find him in 1871 either although in 1881 he is an attendant at a Museum in Wandsworth.

Wife Matilda and 4 children are at Upton Bucks in 1861 with her father and married sister if I have the right one. Sorry not to have been more positive.
Vicwinann

Sellwood Berkshire Oxon Lancs Wilts; Cassell Berkshire and Guildford; Leighs Guildford and London; Saunders Portsea, Greenwich and Deptford ; Austin Cookham; Osgood Berkshire; Dack Norfolk; Darling Berkshire and Mapledurham; Wilkins Englefield Berks; Havenhand Derbys; Whileman Derbys; Reedman Derbys, Notts, Australia, Africa; Rottenberry Deptford and Devon;

Offline Amanda134

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 09:40 BST (UK) »
Hi

Thanks so much for trying. Your time is much appreciated.
Kind regards
Amanda
Wright,Child/s, Rixon,Wade,LLoyd,Morse,Thorne - Pembrokeshire,Wales
Dawson,Carter - Bucks , Berkshire & Surrey
Day's of Saffron Walden,Essex & surrey
Day's & Wright's, Eddles, Scott, Bayles Geeringh, De La Rey, Nel, Cloete, Rosseau.... most of the French Hugenot families! of Cape,South Africa

Offline HeatherLynne

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 June 12 22:59 BST (UK) »
Find My Past have recently added records of Royal Household Staff from 1526 - 1924 and I've searched for Martin Day but to no avail.   :(

Heather
Rassell - South Hayling/Portsea/Chelsea,  Hellyer - Totnes/Islington,  Roots - Hackney,  Edden - St Pancras