Author Topic: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's  (Read 29355 times)

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
This is a photo of Dick Raby that was on the Fleetwood Maritime museum website a year or two ago. He was the son of Richard Raby and Jane Lamb born about 1895

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 21:38 BST (UK) »
And this is a photo of his sister Janet from the same website, born about 1896

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 23 October 12 21:43 BST (UK) »
This is a photocopy of the marriage entry in the parish records of John Lamb and Ann Threlfall taken from the microfiche for St Michaels Cockerham.

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Friday 02 November 12 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Just come across this website - http://www.gravestonephotos.com/public/cemetery.php?cemetery=1492
How I haven't seen it before is a mystery. Ancestors buried in Glasson and St. Michael's, Cockerham are all on here, and may prove useful.

guest189040

« Reply #40 on: Sunday 23 June 13 22:45 BST (UK) »
It has been a while since I have been doing any research on my family as we have been researching my Wife's family

Many thanks for the links, I found the gravestone one very poignant as looking through the ones for Cockerham there were no records for my direct line but were for side branches, the same for Glasson where I found Jane and Richard Raby's.  I must visit as I have a soft spot for the Raby's as they were the witnesses at my Great Grandparents wedding

I'm busy putting my tree together on Ancestry and have got as far back as John (the 1800 one) its listed as "Lamb/Collins/Evans/Ainsworth Family Tree" as I put an entry in it suggests links, just where it gets some of then is anybody's guess, one even has John dying in the USA

I have been struggling with a problem I have found cousins in Oz that we were unsure of their existence and it turns out that they were adopted and so I am pondering how best to approach them

How is your research going?

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Monday 08 July 13 20:09 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin
Excuse the delay in replying but I’ve been away on holiday recently and got back early last week just in time to get distracted by Wimbledon.
 I’ve spent the last few months photographing and transcribing a few cemeteries in my local area, so I’ve not done any new work on my own research.
I noticed that the Lancashire OPC have transcribed more records for St Michaels Cockerham in the last few months, including that of John Lamb’s burial. This agrees with the IGI record that you found and is three days after the death certificate that I have.
Burial: 21 May 1847 St Michael, Cockerham, Lancs.
John Lamb -
    Abode: Cockerham
    Buried by: J. Dodson, Vicar
    Register: Burials 1843 - 1901, Page 19, Entry 152
    Source: LDS Film 1278872
Also ancestry have now increased their databases to include a lot of scanned documents for the Lancaster area including St Marys Lancaster and Christchurch Ellel which is extremely informative for ancestors that were living in the Glasson/ Thurnham area.
So all I intend to do this summer and autumn is to cross check all my information gathered from the local history centre at Preston some years ago, with the new information available on the web.
Many years ago I found that some trees on the web mentioned a John Lamb (AKA John Limpus) that was born around 1760 in England and had a family in the USA. They linked that John Lamb with the John Lamb born about 1758 married to Elizabeth Towers, but I think they are mistaken and have got the wrong John Lamb.
I tried to post my scanned death certificates of John and Ann Lamb but the file size was too big, so I’ll try to reduce their size to get them posted
If I find out anything new or of interest when looking through the records, I’ll post them here.
Best wishes
Maggy

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Monday 08 July 13 20:13 BST (UK) »
Ann Lamb's death certificate

Offline MaggyH

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Monday 08 July 13 20:15 BST (UK) »
John Lamb's death certificate

guest189040

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie

Hope you are well, great result for Andy Murray, what a match

Thanks for the images, I've saved them to my records

I am reproducing the tree that I have already on my laptop using Ancestry and whilst I am at it I am verifying my results yet again before I list the family so I know that the Ancestry tree will be as accurate as possible.

Funny you should mention Ancestry having more information as I am finding the opposite and in many cases familysearch.org has the records where Ancestry is not listing them

The attached image will give you a laugh, a very jolly yet formidable lady, my Great Great Aunt, she was Laura Williams and with her sister Lucy they both married into the Ruck family who in turn married into the Evans and then Lamb so I presume that my Grandma Evans and Great Grandma Ruck would look similar, there is certainly a look of my Grandma Lamb (nee Evans) about her

Col