Author Topic: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's  (Read 29347 times)

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Lamb Family, Cockerham 1800's
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday 09 July 13 15:47 BST (UK) »
Colin - forgive me if I have contacted you before about the Raby family - think it was actually the Lamb family you were researching. Anyway, I have 24 Rabys on my database, and pictures of both Janet and Richard Raby. As I am unsure how to condense these as attachments on here, perhaps you would let me know your email address so I can send you what I have. Janet and Richard Raby look very stalwart people and real characters. Just let me know if this is ok with you.

guest189040

« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 10 July 13 18:17 BST (UK) »
Hi

Many thanks for the offer, I'd like to see images of them

I have found an image of their grave in Glasson and intend to visit them shortly, I do not know why but I think that they were a special couple

I've sent you a pm with my e-mail address

Col

guest189040

« Reply #47 on: Friday 23 August 13 18:45 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for the images

We went to Glasson Dock last weekend and went to pay our respects at the grave of Jane and Richard

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Saturday 24 August 13 12:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Colin,
So pleased the images were ok and that you were able to visit Glasson Church. If I'd known, you could have popped round for a brew and a chat - never mind. Hope all goes well with your research.

guest189040

« Reply #49 on: Saturday 24 August 13 17:21 BST (UK) »
As the saying goes....we were not alone, there were 8 of us.

We were on a filming session around the Village

Hope you are well?

I've filled in a lot of blanks on the family tree over the last few months and the tree on Ancestry is looking good and I have even found some cousins who we suspected existed and that they lived in Australia, I say suspected because my Uncle turned out to have been married twice and we only knew of the second Wife and that they did not have any children, his ex re-married and the children were adopted hence they have a different surname, no wonder we could not find them

Went into Lancashire archives last week and looked through the old maps of Cockerham, we seemed to live in Sandside Cottage off and on for about 150 years so that has helped in narrowing down who is who.

Col

Offline tortiegirl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 25 August 13 12:41 BST (UK) »
Ah - 8 of you in our little cottage would have been a bit of a squeeze, but we had had 9 for dinner once - the stairs were very useful as seats! It seems that quite a few people from here went to Australia or America. Re- Sandside cottage - I believe it still has a flood water level marked on the wall before the sea defences were improved there! It isn't you who wanted more info on the Clarkson family here is it? I don't think it is, but found some info recently and I've forgotten who it was. Should write these things down as I have quite a few people who I am helping out with their ancestors from here.

guest189040

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 27 August 13 17:38 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have no Clarkson's in the tree, that I know of

Col

Offline Accringtonian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 11 November 13 17:33 GMT (UK) »
A friend of mine is the author of books on Glasson and Galgate. (Ruth Z Roskell )  She is a Lamb and has researched her line. Message me and I will put you in touch.
Dobson ; Hindle; Rigby

Offline frian

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 11 November 13 17:54 GMT (UK) »
I would be interested in corresponding since I have at least one Lamb family in my ancestry (look back through these posts to see the details).
frian