Author Topic: Victor O A Tucker  (Read 3531 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Victor O A Tucker
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 09 June 12 03:46 BST (UK) »
Passenger Lists The index at this link is free to search, and use the options re others with same surname on  a particular voyage.  ( An RChatter gave me that clue ages ago ....  :) )

http://www.ancestorsonboard.com/#search_now

You will find that there are statute restrictions to access BDM records in each of the Australian States and territories.   In NSW it is 100 years for births,  50 years for marriages and 30 years for deaths.   To gain access earlier than that you basically need to already know that your name is on the certificate.  Other states and territories have different limitations, but in general terms, it is usually a NO GO area.   :)   

Jigsaw Australia is often a good starting place for family re-unions.... 
 http://www.jigsaw.org.au/   

The commercial websites holdings are usually based on the same indexes that various RChatters already have, and are governed by the same limitations I outlined earlier, so perhaps do give a great deal of thought before spending more pennies on upgrading any subscriptions. 

Cheers,  JM

Hi, how can I access the australian records cited above? Do I have to upgrade my ancestry account or is there a more economic way bearing in mind I am only tracing one line of my family and it may not show me the records I need?
For example, how do I get the details from the inquest etc? Is there any way to track living relatives in Australia, like the salvation army over here ???

Thanks so much for your kind assistance, you have been extremely helpful

Pam
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline MTBT

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 25 November 15 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Victor had two sons Rodney who was killed in a car accident and a younger son Malcolm. We lived at 4 Gowrie Street, South Oakleigh, Melbourne. I have lost contact with all the British side of the family and the history is rather sketchy . I would like some help so that the Australian and British side gaps can be filled in.
Malcolm

Offline Clive Vernon

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 17 October 23 10:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Malcolm Tucker, I hope you read this. I would very much like to talk with you about your branch of the Tucker family. I live in Victoria, Australia and am on Ancestry- my username is Clivevernon1 and my family tree is the Clive and Carolyn Vernon Family Tree.
Regards,
Clive Vernon.