Author Topic: Old letters from Elaine Sims Taunton, Somerset 1945  (Read 15852 times)

Offline Kim Jindra

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Old letters from Elaine Sims Taunton, Somerset 1945
« Reply #54 on: Thursday 24 November 16 06:36 GMT (UK) »
Thank you again! I'll check it out. Tomorrow is thanksgiving here and I've been busy cooking. Probably will have to wait until Friday since tomorrow is going to be even busier. The picture is great I need to search it carefully. I'll let you know what I find on FB

Offline medpat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 24 November 16 07:05 GMT (UK) »
Just read through this, what a great thread. Glad you've been able to find so much out and I hope your father is in the photo.

The 9.5 is a stocking size as it was my mother's size. I regularly went to the shop to get her stockings. Mum took UK shoe size 4.5 or USA size 6.5.

Have a good Thanksgiving.  :)
GEDmatch M157477

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Thursday 22 December 16 11:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kim

Have you by any chance got/ or know who has your aunts birth certificate as it would give her fathers name & her mothers maiden name which would help you to try & trace there marriage using (freebmd) & then you could start at the 1911 census to see if you can find them on that & trace back - it can be a very time consuming hobby but it keeps us off the streets & our minds active  :)

All the very best

Phil
Weston-super-Mare
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin