Author Topic: Baptism Lookup Please for a brickwall  (Read 4954 times)

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Baptism Lookup Please for a brickwall
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 19:09 BST (UK) »
Tks, I have bought the marriage index & it has been a great help, it helped to fill in the disjointed gaps on other information I had.
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline seahall

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • https://5bravemen.weebly.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 06 July 12 04:13 BST (UK) »
HI again.

Good to see you have brought the cd.

The indexes by Alan and Marilyn are in-valuable to us
Northants Folk.

Alan will still be able to help with the baptisms etc.

Sandy
Census Crown Copyright

Offline DPSmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 30 December 14 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edward,

I was wondering if you have made any progress with Ann Eldred. I believe my 6x great grandmother may have been Ann Eldred's sister Mary who married Thomas Wright (surgeon of Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire). Their son's Will mentions Ann Eldred's daughter Mary Rose (wife of Forrester Rose).

I know very little about the Eldred family so any help would be great.

Many thanks,

Dan

Offline Edward Scott

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 31 December 14 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Still chipping away but you are correct in that Mary married Thomas Wright who have as an apothecary but many of them were apothecary / surgeons. They married at Peterborough 30.6.1748

Please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll send you the little I have on the Eldred family. I think you will need to post one more message before you can do this.

Can you please let me have details of their children & the son whose will mentions Mary Rose nee Baine.

rgds

Edward
Scott - Lincolnshire
Jobson - Lincolnshire, Suffolk
Needham - Lincolnshire
Wayet - Lincolnshire

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DPSmith

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 01 January 15 11:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the quick reply and for the marriage details of Thomas Wright and Mary Eldred (which I'd not managed to find).

Thomas Wright and Mary registered 4 baptisms in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire: Richard Eldred Wright (1749), Richard Wright (1750), Thomas Wright (1752) and William Wright (1757). I believe Thomas was the only child to survive to adulthood (as he's the only one mentioned in the wills of his uncles).

Thomas Wright Jnr died in 1811 and his Will is the one that mentions his relation Mary Rose. It's a Prerogative Court of Canterbury Will which I can send you a copy of if you want?

Regards,

Dan

Offline Alilenny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 04 July 22 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Edward,

Thanks for the quick reply and for the marriage details of Thomas Wright and Mary Eldred (which I'd not managed to find).

Thomas Wright and Mary registered 4 baptisms in Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire: Richard Eldred Wright (1749), Richard Wright (1750), Thomas Wright (1752) and William Wright (1757). I believe Thomas was the only child to survive to adulthood (as he's the only one mentioned in the wills of his uncles).

Thomas Wright Jnr died in 1811 and his Will is the one that mentions his relation Mary Rose. It's a Prerogative Court of Canterbury Will which I can send you a copy of if you want?

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan just came across this post, could I please ask if its possible for you to send me that will you talk above which mentions a Mary Rose (she was my 6 g grandmother)

Cheers
Alison
King, Bedingfeld, Hamilton, Lyons