Author Topic: Hannah Ann Williams  (Read 5709 times)

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Ann Williams
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 16:09 BST (UK) »
I have tried contacting my Aunt's daughter in law to see She could ask My Aunt if she knew if her Father had any siblings but she hasn't got back to me yet. But I don't hold much hope of getting a reply. Those 2 Edwards I am led to believe were still living in Sheffield in 1891, the Edward I am looking for was apparently living in Wales then, I know definitely he was living in wales in 1899 has that is where he married.

Zoe
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 17:07 BST (UK) »

Found Edward living in Tregynon, Montgomeryshire on the 1891. He's a farm servant age 18

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 18:30 BST (UK) »
1911 he was living at the Cambrian Crossing Pendryndeudraeth
Jones, Thomas, Carr, McDougall, Tatlock, Naylor, Gordon, Brentnall, Parry, Brotherton.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 19 June 12 19:50 BST (UK) »

I've just had a look at the 1911 and was thrown by his age 34 which would mean he was born 1877 ish. He's now called Edward H Jones. I know ages can differ by a few years but it has opened up a new birth date. Has he added the H or was he really Edward Henry?????

I've found an Edward Jones born 2nd quarter 1877 which would fit perfectly but doesn't fit with the 1881 census where Edward's age is given as 7.

I still can't find Hannah, Henry or Rose Florence either together or separate on the 1891 I wonder if the page is missing but not knowing where they are living means we'll not find them.

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 20 June 12 08:56 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Margaret, one thing my dad's sister seems to think that he was brought up in a workhouse or orphanage, but don't know where she has got that from. I'm wondering because we can't find much on him is that why she thinks this.

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday 20 June 12 13:46 BST (UK) »

There's a few possibilities surrounding Edward's life between 1881 and 1891. Either Henry or Hannah or both had died so the children had been put in the workhouse or they were all there at some point.

Maybe Edward was a bit naughty and had been taken into an Industrial Home.

You need to look for the death's of Hannah and Henry or records for the local Workhouse. There are a few death records for Northampton for Henry but the age is wrong. I can't find him anywhere on the 1871 census and 1861 so we don't know if his age is correct on the 1881. I can't find the birth of a Henry Jones in Bedford either.

Sarah Jane's death cert will only give limited information but it will give the name of the person who registered the death and an address hopefully.

Margaret

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday 20 June 12 15:38 BST (UK) »
Margaret,

How to I search for the Workhouse death records, and Industrial home records, never heard of an industrial home.

What possibilties surrounding Edward's life between 1881 & 1891,?

Thankyou for your time & patience it is truly appreciated

Zoe

Offline aggiebagwash

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Wednesday 20 June 12 16:19 BST (UK) »
Presuming the family were still living in Northamptonshire until the late 80's Northamptonshire Record Office has the Admissions and Discharge Registers for Northampton from 1837 to 1933 and the registers of deaths that occurred in the Workhouse. It might be worth your while to email them to see if they would be willing to do a look up for the family.

Industrial Homes were for those kids who were deemed to be in need of some form of control either for theft or unruly behaviour that sort of thing it's a bit like a Reform school.

Have a look at their website www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/recordoffice  it is easy to use.

Margaret

Offline Zoe-Hannah

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 22 June 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Margaret, will have a look at the website you gave me. I am still waiting for the death cert of Sarah J, but will let you know when I get it.

Zoe