Author Topic: Moffit  (Read 1636 times)

Offline Bills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Moffit
« on: Saturday 16 June 12 17:32 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the family of Maria Moffitt (or similar spelling) who lived near Ballymote, Co. Sligo.  She married a John Davis in Ballymote in 1880 and later emigrated to New york.
Any information will be welcome.

Many thanks

Bill

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Moffit
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 16 June 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
There's a possible marriage for Maria and John listed on the BMD Index in Sligo district in 1880 (Ballymote town is in this district). Do you have a marriage cert already ?

This should include details of their residences at the time of marriage, occupations, father's name etc.. all of which can help your search for further details.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Bills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 16 June 12 23:14 BST (UK) »
Yes thanks I have the certificate somewhere but I need more information on the Moffitt family

Bill

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 June 12 10:11 BST (UK) »
Based on the BMD registrations there seems to be quite a few Moffit families in the district - I think you would need to have a few more details to start to track the correct one.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Bills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 21:25 BST (UK) »
I have fround out now that Maria Moffit originated from Newpark, Knockminna near Ballymote in Co. Sligo.  So if anyone can assist with knowledge about her or the family, I would be mostg grateful

Thanks

Bill

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 July 12 21:37 BST (UK) »
Yes thanks I have the certificate somewhere but I need more information on the Moffitt family

Bill

did you locate that marriage cert - if so can you post her father's name ..

Also do you have a year of birth, even an estimate from a death cert, for your Maria ?

Shane
My Surname Interests