Author Topic: Thrilled to death...Please help  (Read 2697 times)

Offline japeflakes

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Thrilled to death...Please help
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 28 June 12 20:46 BST (UK) »

Offline em

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 29 June 12 09:08 BST (UK) »
Couldn't help noticing subject title.  We always said 'Thrilled to bits'.
bristol:  cleeve;  beese
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 29 June 12 18:23 BST (UK) »
Hi there Em...

This journey into finding my roots overseas has truly been amazing.  I do have a chuckle now and then about the differences in all speech.

We are "thrilled to death" and "tickled pink with delight"...when happy and overjoyed.

Just the other day I received a note from a new found cousin that stated she was going to "post" me something.  Post to me meant...post on a website.  Post actually meant...mail me something.  Mail to us means putting it in the mailbox and sending it to us using the post office.  Many times we refer to this method as snail mail because it takes time...

In one show "Who Do You Think You Are" an English actress who lives in the US was diving into her past...when she saw her aunts she something to the effect of "chin wagging".  My husband and I looked at each other in a quizzical manner and wondered WHAT in the world did that expression mean.  Of course, the internet tells all...and we had a good smile about it. 

Soooo....for all of you close and far away....we may say things differently but we all yearn and strive for similar things. 

For one, I am thrilled to "bits" and thrilled to "death" knowing all of you !

Carole From Dallas (but born in New Jersey and raised on the east coast of Florida on the Atlantic!)
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline restorer45

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 30 June 12 23:06 BST (UK) »
Hello,

In colour as discussed

Offline restorer45

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 30 June 12 23:07 BST (UK) »
One more

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 01 July 12 00:52 BST (UK) »
MY my my restorer...wow wow wow.  GORGEOUS...thank you thank you thank you.  Gosh I do LOVE love color.  This is truly a dream come true all of these perfect restorations.  I feel like such a LUCKY girl!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk