Author Topic: Anne Green d 30.5.1851 Farnoughty/Farnachty  (Read 4742 times)

Offline GDub71

• RootsChat Member
  • Miaow¬
    • View Profile
Re: Anne Green d 30.5.1851 Farnoughty/Farnachty
« Reply #9 on: Monday 25 June 12 12:15 BST (UK) »
That's all very well if you trust the age given on the Census.   :-X In my experience, ages can often vary wildly from one Census to the next. I've seen someone gain an extra 10 years over a thirty year period. I've seen examples where someone ages 8 years in one decade, then 15 in the next, going by their Census information. Ususally, the older the person on the Census, the greater the variation from their actual age. That said, sometimes they are spot on, but for someone aged 77, I'd reckon probably around 3 years either side would be tolerable.
Banffshire - WILSON, RIACH, CALDER, MUIRY, PETERKIN, CRAIB, OGG, CRUICKSHANK, FARQUHAR, COPLAND, HAY, SHAW, HIND, STRATHDEE, MORRISON, WISEMAN, MOIR, MILNE, SHEPHERD, BLACK, BRUCE, RAMSAY, PEARSON, MCPHERSON, SHEED, MCANDIE
Morayshire - MAVER, RAMSAY, PHINN, SIMPSON
Aberdeenshire - MCINTOSH, GILLAN
Kincardineshire - DUTHIE
Ross-shire - MCANGUS, MCKENZIE, TARRELL,
Inverness-shire - MACKAY, FERGUSON, MACCUISH, BEATON, GILLIES, MACDONALD, MACVICAR, MACDIARMID
Louth - KIERAN, KANE, ENGLISHBY, FEGAN

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 25 June 12 17:42 BST (UK) »
That's all very well if you trust the age given on the Census. 

I did take care to say, "assuming this is accurate" :)
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Nelpir

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 13:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Folks
Haven't had time to reply to all you messages as I've been away for a few days. I have tried as much as I can with the resources I have and still cannot find Anne Green's DoB or who her father or mother was.  The research for her was all because my grt Grandfather James Scott and grt Grandmother Jane Bowie were third cousins and had to get dispensation from the Pope to be able to marry.  Married at Broadley Enzie 19 Jan 1862.  James Scott's was illegitimate son of Margaret Green. I have managed to trace her family back three generations to Thomas Green married to Anna Reid, 11.9.1740.  On Jane Bowie's side I have her father and mother  (Alexr Bowie/Buie and Margaret Green m 6.1.1839) Margaret Green's father and mother were James Green c1776 Rathven and Jane Henry m15.10.1803
I'm trying to find out where the third cousin relationship comes from and who were the original parents.  Any help would be greatfully received. 
Thanks to all  Norma