Author Topic: Kirk Session Records for Banchory Ternan  (Read 3903 times)

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kirk Session Records for Banchory Ternan
« on: Sunday 24 June 12 19:33 BST (UK) »
Looking for a look up in Edinburgh if any one is going in the near future on the kirk sesions records .I got a birth for Ann Harper 1821 Banchory Ternan it says a married man ( Peter Harper ) and a widow ( Anne Anderson ) of Kilduthie had a daughter baptised Ann Harper was just wondering if they had been pulled up before the Kirk Session ???

Offline heymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Kirk Session Records for Banchory Ternan
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 27 June 12 14:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, I was at Aberdeen City Archives today and went through the Kirk Session records for Banchory-Ternan from 1820-1824 and there was no mention of Peter Harper nor Anne Anderson.
Strachan,Wood,Leiper,Craig,King,Smith,Shearer,Reid,Wilson,Galloway,Buthlay,McLean.
Aberdeen,Slains,Nigg, Findon,Portlethen,Monquhitter,Cumineston,Banff,Oldmeldrum

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 June 12 10:11 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the information it was just a thought  ? I came across the birth when I was in Edinburgh and wondered if they had been pulled up in front of the Kirk ??. I was trying to find out if it was the same Anne Anderson  I have in my tree which being in Kilduthie looks like it is where do you view the Archives in Aberdeen is it at the library ?? Thanks again for taking the time for helping me  :)

Offline heymin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 June 12 10:43 BST (UK) »
Hi, I'm not sure why they were not in front of the session. Either one or both were not church-goers(quite unusual as there appeared no escape) or perhaps members of another church assuming they were definitely in that parish. Just out of interest, the records mentioned building a new church using materials from the old as the existing church was not big enough for the 1800 congregation.
The archives are held in the old town house on Union Street and also in Old Aberdeen House in Dunbar Street(old Old Aberdeen School). See www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/archives.
Brian
Strachan,Wood,Leiper,Craig,King,Smith,Shearer,Reid,Wilson,Galloway,Buthlay,McLean.
Aberdeen,Slains,Nigg, Findon,Portlethen,Monquhitter,Cumineston,Banff,Oldmeldrum

Online rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 June 12 14:27 BST (UK) »
Yes I could not work that out either !!! thanks any how next time I am up in Aberdeen I will see what else I can find thanks  :)