Author Topic: Utica House, Tanygrisiau, Blaenau Ffestiniog  (Read 1677 times)

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Utica House, Tanygrisiau, Blaenau Ffestiniog
« on: Sunday 24 June 12 20:31 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

Being completely new to family history research in the Merionethshire area, I'm hoping that someone out there might possibly be able to help me, and perhaps know of a cousin of my grandmothers that lived at the above address in the 1950/60's ?

I'm afraid that I don't have very much at all to go on, other than that of her married name, 'Sally Williams' and that she lived at Utica House, Tranygrsiau. (All of which Ive found in one of my grandmothers old address books) I think that perhaps her maiden name may have been Davies ? :'(, As I know that it's via this particular branch of my family that we are connected. But with all older family members now deceased I'm afraid I'm really clutching at straws here!

And a marriage between a Mr Williams and perhaps a Sally (Sarah ?) Davies in North Wales !! I'm go in to need all the help I can get  ;D

Thanking you in advance,

Rowlandson

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Utica House, Tanygrisiau, Blaenau Ffestiniog
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 July 12 21:25 BST (UK) »
In the absence of any other input,you could possibly try the UK Phone Books database on Ancestry.co.uk to establish a fuller name and residency at different dates.I'm sure the period of interest to you is covered.
Images are available of the pages,not just transcripts.
A fuller name may lead to a marriage record etc.If you do not have membership,there is sometimes a genuine 14 day free trial offer,or,failing that a "pay as you go" option.There is an address input box on the form,but I think it searches primarily on name and can be "credits intensive" if you are uncertain of the personal name or have to guess the exchange name.

Regards
Roger

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 July 12 21:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Roger,

Many thanks for taking the time to reply  :)

Hadn't thought of looking at the Phone Directories,  & I do have a subscription to A*******..... DOH !

Will let you know how I get on.............. going to need all the help I can get with this one !

Many thanks again,

Rowlandson

Offline Rowlandson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 07 July 12 20:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger,

Just to update you to the fact that despite spending the last few evenings searching the phone books, I'm afraid I've drawn a complete blank  :(

Back to the drawing board !!!!

Thank you for your help,

Rowlandson