Author Topic: Alf ADAMS - Phillipstown, New Tredegar (1945 ish +) - COMPLETED  (Read 1075 times)

Offline BlessedBe

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Alf ADAMS - Phillipstown, New Tredegar (1945 ish +) - COMPLETED
« on: Monday 25 June 12 15:28 BST (UK) »
Trying to locate any relatives of Alf ADAMS, who lived in Phillipstown, New Tredegar during late 1945 plus. his family are from the area.

Particularly trying to make contact with his son Dai (David J) ADAMS (born late 40's in the area).

Alf was a Lance Bombadier in the Royal Horse Artillery in WW2 and latterly in the 88th Field Battery Royal Artillery in Singapore.

He spent a number of years (1942-1945) as a POW, initially in Changi, Singaore and then in Omi Camp #13 Tokyo. Alf was initially repatriated to Sydney New South Wales in error by his American liberators after the Japanese capitualated, before returning home to Phillipstown, New Tredegar. There was an artical about him and his Pal in the local papers at the time and their 'Australian Adventure' of which I have a copy.

Would be grateful to hear from anyone who knows Dai or his family as I information about his fathers time in the Far East, including photographs, which I would like to pass on to him. Please PM me any private info.

Thanks in anticipation.......and Regards..... Margeanne.