Author Topic: John Gaskin Birth?!  (Read 5826 times)

Offline Torwoodlee

• I have turned off notifications to all my topics
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Gaskin Birth?!
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 July 12 17:58 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your help jollysway.

Could you please tell me where you found this information and could you give me more details for the tree please?

:)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline jollysway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 11:59 BST (UK) »
You have the wrong John Gaskin!  The one you are researching was born 7 April 1900 but his birth was not registered.  His mother was Emma Shaw. She had four sons Walter, John, Mark and Alfie.  I can give you the contact details of a family member who has extensive knowledge of the family

Offline jollysway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 15:40 BST (UK) »
The John Gaskin you are researching was my great grandfather, are you a relative?  My information is from family members!

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 July 12 17:22 BST (UK) »
The John Gaskin I am researching is for my friend who is the granddaughter of John Gaskin and Jemima Smith (nee West).  John and Jemima were married in 1920 in Ipswich and on the marriage certificate, he is listed as 22 years old. His father was Walter Gaskin who was a General Dealer.  If you have a personal connection to my friend, could you please inbox me?

Thanks  :)
Names:  Laidlaw, Alexander, Park, Templeton, Hood, Sanderson, Fairbairn, Davidson, Delgatty, Greig
Areas:  Galashiels Selkirkshire, Ladhope Roxburghshire, Jedburgh Roxburghshire, Morebattle Roxburghshire, Tillicoultry Clackmannanshire

Offline jollysway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 18 July 12 14:53 BST (UK) »
Walter and Alice Gaskin nee Lamb had Selina, Walter, Monty, Mark, Eliza, Alfred, Matilda, Aida and Louise.  Their son Walter married Emma Shaw and had Walter, John, Mark ,Alfred and Matilda.  John was born in 1900 but his birth was not registered.  He married Jemima in 1920 at the age of 20.  His age was put as 22 as parental consent was needed below the age of 21.  He died in 1967 age 67.

Offline Torwoodlee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 22 July 12 22:27 BST (UK) »
Thanks again!  I did have the majority of that information but I did not know about Emma Shaw.  The photo is fantastic, I showed it to my friend...your relative and she was thrilled to see it again.   :D