Author Topic: Shaw/wardrop  (Read 2395 times)

Offline alicook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Shaw/wardrop
« on: Monday 23 May 05 04:16 BST (UK) »
Trying to find anything on John Shaw & Mary Wardrop.Marriage etc.

I am looking for the birth of Ann Shaw b c1826 Kilsyth.I believe these to be her parents.
Have found births of John b 1821 kilsyth
Margaret b 1829 Kilsyth.

Cheers Ali

Offline moscan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The next generation
    • View Profile
Re: Shaw/wardrop
« Reply #1 on: Monday 23 May 05 04:56 BST (UK) »
18 Jan 1824 SHAW ANN
Father - JOHN SHAW

no Mother listed
Parish - KILSYTH
GRO Reference Number - 483/00 0007

Best wishes

Mo
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br /><br />Researching: - Freear, Walker, Aston, Scanlan, Courtney, Lowth, O’Sulivan, McDonnell, Condon, McMahon, McKay, Brock, Gourlay, Busby<br /><br />Locations: - March in Cambridgeshire, Banbury in Oxfordshire, Mileham in Norfolk, Worcester, Evesham, Claines in Worcestershire, Birmingham. Dublin, Cork, Fermanagh in Ireland.  Glasgow, Stirling in Scotland

Offline Kilsyth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 29 May 05 17:34 BST (UK) »
John Shaw and Mary Wardrope were married 8 June 1823, Kilsyth.

Ann was born 5 March 1823 to John Shaw and Mall Wardrope.  I am sure the Mall should be Mary.  Do you have information about Ann and her brother and sisters?

Offline alicook

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 30 May 05 08:18 BST (UK) »
Hi ,
And thanks for that,
I did find the Mall Wardrope on Family search but wasn't sure about it, I'm not sure about siblings but I did find a
John Shaw born 22 Dec Kilsyth 1820 Its Heading is JOHN SHAW or WARDROPE? Born to John Shaw and Mary Wardrope.I wonder if they had him before they married?
But also found John Shaw born same dates & Christening Dates to a John Shaw and Marie Wardrope. It gets all sooo confusing.
Also found Margaret born 1 feb kilsyth 1829 to Mary and John.
I do think Ann(Wilson) nee shaw may have had a sister Margaret .I found Ann living at 88 Stevenson st  Barony Lanark with a Margaret Thompson & John Thompson in 1881 census listed as Sister in law to head of house but ages didn't tally up with Margaret but I guess that doesn't mean much sometimes.
So thats about it,Hope this makes sense.
Regards Ali

Offline Kilsyth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 30 May 05 10:56 BST (UK) »
You are correct that John was born before his parents married.  I am not sure about your Ann Wilson link but I will check it out.

My interest is in John Shaw and I would be really pleased to meet up with anyone researching his line/family.  I also research 'Shaws' who came from Kilsyth.