Author Topic: Hertford St Peter in St Albans Look Up request - Amelia HOWARD - 1845  (Read 956 times)

Offline pigletlovesfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
I am in the process of updating my tree and noticed that I do not have a baptism or death for Amelia. Now I am wondering if she belongs to my tree. Her birth is on FreeBmd, at the same date as her possible brother. IGI have his baptism, but not hers. I have searched the census and also for a death and a burial for her, online and ..nothing. As many of the Howards were baptised in St Peters I wondered if someone would be kind enough to search their records for me. Amelia was born Dec Q 1845. Her putative twin brother was not baptised until 26 Jul 1846, so if she is one of mine I assume her bap may be then. Unless a private baptism was made. I have also looked to see if she died under another name, so am at the end of my tether.
Many thanks.
Howard descendant
Falconer, Coltman, Hayden, Samuel, Parnell, Croton, Howard, Ash, Gooch, Mason, Brister, Pain, Thompson, Mackman, Ogden, Travers, Gwyer, Page, Hooper, Rayner, Joiner, Tancock, Saward, Reynolds, Langford, Lacey, Randall, Large, Bacon, Robinson, Jones, Mallors, Venables, Elms, Clarke, Chambers, Sefton, Pickstone, Sansum, Wood, Polick, Crane, Colls, Pickstone, Harding

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Hertford St Peter in St Albans Look Up request - Amelia HOWARD - 1845
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 11:11 BST (UK) »
Hi

The Alfred (of Wm/Harriet) in Cheshunt is possibly
1845 Dec Edmonton 3 127 as Edmonton reg covers Cheshunt
1851 census seems to fit quite well.

That would leave the double Howard birth regs 1845 Dec StAlbans 6 405
standing on their own so to speak.

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).

Offline pigletlovesfamily

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Hertford St Peter in St Albans Look Up request - Amelia HOWARD - 1845
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 03 July 12 12:50 BST (UK) »
Thank you for taking the time to check for me.

FreeBMD enties:
Howard    Alfred                 Edmonton    3   127    
Howard    Alfred George    St Albans        6           405    
Howard    Amelia                  St Albans    6   405    

My Alfred George HOWARD:
Birth source 1845 Dec Quarter: Volume: 6 Page: 405

My proof:
Joshua’s details in 1851 showed AG as George living in St Albans as his son
1861 census he was George, living in St Albans
1871 census he was George living in London and working as a railway porter
1881  census he was Alfred Geo and living in Derbyshire with his wife Herodius  and working on the railway
1891 census still in Derbyshire with Herodius but again known as George       

Howard, Alfred George Record Type: Deaths Age at death: 48 Quarter: March Year: 1894 District: Burton upon Trent  Derbyshire  Volume: 6b Page: 278

Finally my proof that AGH was the son of Joshua of St Albans is a codicil to a will dated 1899 which Joshua has signed, leaving some estate to his eldest son’s wife, Herodius and then to her 3 sons.
AGH also left his probate to his brother Walter, my gt grandfather, a railway clerk, placing him yet again in my family.

So yes, these 2 in St Albans stand alone, hence my suspicion..are they both mine or does Amelia belong to another Howard? I am loath to send for a birth cert now that they are so expensive, and so had hoped that a bap record existed.

Many thanks again.
Falconer, Coltman, Hayden, Samuel, Parnell, Croton, Howard, Ash, Gooch, Mason, Brister, Pain, Thompson, Mackman, Ogden, Travers, Gwyer, Page, Hooper, Rayner, Joiner, Tancock, Saward, Reynolds, Langford, Lacey, Randall, Large, Bacon, Robinson, Jones, Mallors, Venables, Elms, Clarke, Chambers, Sefton, Pickstone, Sansum, Wood, Polick, Crane, Colls, Pickstone, Harding