Author Topic: Charles Beak  (Read 7153 times)

Offline doubleRR

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Charles Beak
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 July 12 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi doubleRR
I have previously looked at the 1881 census, I believe Evelyn may have been a governess but cannot find her on any census. I have searched indexes available on ancestory but I cannot find anything. The only marriage I can find is in 1885 Elizabeth Green or Mary Ann Kingston Thornbury. The only two Boys births I have found is Charles William Beak born1863 in Thornbury and Charles Edward Beak born 1881 died 1882 in London, but I can't seem to find a positive connection. The Evelyn I am after has been passed down in their family tree, so I am assuming we have the right person. We have all the relevent information for Charles and his family in Australia and England except for this Evelyn.

Donbeth

When u say passed down in the family tree, how do u mean? has someone researched the tre previously and found evidence of her?
Parrish/Parish: Birmingham, Staffordshire, Shropshire.
Connections: Salt,  Gould,  Neath, Malpas(s), Cox, Jones, Pargeter,  Grainger, Greenaway, Bannister, Car(e)less, Broome, Dawes, Meese, Aga, Howard

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 July 12 12:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Ciderdrinker and DoubleRR
I will try and track down merchant navy indexes and see if I can come up with him there.
Great idea, I never gave that a thought.
The family tree is thoroughly researched  , my Aunty found out about Evelyn when her Grandfather had passed away, her grandmother had told her.
Thanks
Donbeth

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 05 July 12 12:08 BST (UK) »
MacGregor sounds Scottish and they may have Married in Scotland. Or anywhere for that matter as he was a Sailor!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline davierj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gwell Angau na Chywilydd - Mametz Wood 1916
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 05 July 12 13:05 BST (UK) »
There is still the conundrum of the deaths of the mother and son with no likely female death registered in conjunction with an infant boy in the London area 1875 to 1900 ???

Dave
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   Research:   Clements, Jenkins, Jones, Williams, Davies, Renfrey in Cardiganshire.   Trow, Jones, Clayton in Montgomeryshire.  Renfrey, Datsun, May, Stephens in Cornwall.   Foster in Liverpoo.l   Milliner, Fry, in Gloucestershire.  Mawby, Popple in Rutland.   Kent, Fry, Robinson, Nott, Griffiths in Somerset.   Willis in Oxfordshire.   Fishlock, Snell, Fry, in Wiltshire

Offline doubleRR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 05 July 12 13:41 BST (UK) »
Does the family tree that your Aunty has have any other clues. or indeed citations as to where the information came from?  The sons name? etc

Connections: Salt,  Gould,  Neath, Malpas(s), Cox, Jones, Pargeter,  Grainger, Greenaway, Bannister, Car(e)less, Broome, Dawes, Meese, Aga, Howard

Offline donbeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 06 July 12 07:01 BST (UK) »
Hi All

I went  and saw my Aunty to-day and we pulled out Charles Beak death certificate, it definately states his first marriage to Evelyn Constance MacGregor, his age 18 in London. On his marriage cert to Dora he states he is a widower.
This is why I cannot understand that I can't find any trace of a marriage in England, or anything concerning evelyn.

Donbeth

Offline doubleRR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 06 July 12 10:36 BST (UK) »
Certainly is a strange one....
Evelyn seems nowhere to be found, at all ???

Offline Bagface

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 11 July 13 01:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

Charles William Beak is my great Grandfather. He married my great grandmother, Dora Australina (Lena) in Brisbane. He was a widower and the story we had was that his family had not approved of his first marriage and had cast the wife out whilst he was away on a voyage. I, too, have been able to find nothing on his first wife but I can give you info about the second marriage and resulting family, if you would like.

Offline Jill Huston

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 27 March 19 07:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi doubleRR
I have previously looked at the 1881 census, I believe Evelyn may have been a governess but cannot find her on any census. I have searched indexes available on ancestory but I cannot find anything. The only marriage I can find is in 1885 Elizabeth Green or Mary Ann Kingston Thornbury. The only two Boys births I have found is Charles William Beak born1863 in Thornbury and Charles Edward Beak born 1881 died 1882 in London, but I can't seem to find a positive connection. The Evelyn I am after has been passed down in their family tree, so I am assuming we have the right person. We have all the relevent information for Charles and his family in Australia and England except for this Evelyn.

Donbeth

When u say passed down in the family tree, how do u mean? has someone researched the tre previously and found evidence of her?