Author Topic: Kings  (Read 1189 times)

Offline suchin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kings
« on: Friday 06 July 12 11:52 BST (UK) »
Mary King , daughter of Edward King married Thomas Williams on 30th July 1849 Casteisland, Kerry.
Mary(Widow) was still alive in 1865, living in the City of Cork.
Would like to find out when did Mary and Thomas die.

Mary brothers were Arthur, Jeremiah and John King.
Arthur was born in 1815.?
Would like to know when and where Jeremiah and John were born. 
Any help would be appreciated.

suchin

Researching King, Lombard, Millie.

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Kings
« Reply #1 on: Friday 06 July 12 20:46 BST (UK) »
Here's a link to that marriage for reference - the parish was Castleisland RC :

Williams / King  marriage

I dont see a possible baptism for Mary in the parish, but Records for Castleisland RC parish only go back to late 1820s, so possibly not far enough show baptisms for any of this family. Most of the parish records for Co. Kerry are available on www.irishgenealogy.ie

Since Mary is a widow in 1865, Thomas possibly died before the start of civil registration, and finding a burial or headstone (if there is was one) could be difficult unless you have some clues as to where and when he died. For Mary it's a case of searching the death registrations, to see if any fit. You didnt mention an estimated year of birth for Mary, but assuming sometime between 1815 and 1831 then these are the possibilities on the index - including some in Cork District:

Mary Williams - death 1865 to 1890

Shane

Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline suchin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Kings
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 07 July 12 13:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help. Will look into  Mary Williams death 1965 to 1890 as you suggested.
It is interesting to see the name John Lombard as witness to Mary/Thomas marriage.
Family law has the name "Lombard" related to us, but at this stage I am unable to connect. 
My search continues.
suschin