Author Topic: Wittersham kent Acton House and Farm  (Read 8426 times)

Offline rdiedo

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Wittersham kent Acton House and Farm
« Reply #9 on: Friday 05 October 12 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hello Mr Body

Thank you for that information it's very interesting. Have you ever seen Gibbet Farm or the Body names on the memorial or in the Graveyard? I'll happily take some and email them to you if you like. Just the other day I was i Ebony Church - tiny little church with a very interesting history (it was originally on a little island, and in the mid 1800's they moved it brick by brick so that it was nearer the congregation!). Anyway, inside the church is a lovely brass plaque commemorating the two Body boys that died in the first world war, and their sister who died in Switzerland in 1909. The church bible is there on the lectern, it's dated 1912, and inside is a little plaque saying it was presented to the Church by Mr and Mrs Body in memory of their daughter who died 1909.

If you send me a private message with your email address I will send you the photos I have and maybe you could send me the one you have of Gibbet Farm and the ploughing?

Thank you for your time. Isn't the internet a wonderful tool for this sort of thing?

Richard

Offline mjpearman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 October 12 15:20 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me replying but after reading your topic, I think I might be looking for some of the same information you are all giving.

Basically, I am doing my family tree for my grandarents, my Great grandma was called Irene Joyce Packham, who was married to Leonard Fredrick Button. Her father was called Edward John Packham (Born 1863) worked as a cowman and mother Harriet Esther Packham nee Bean . I have been looking at the 1911 census (when Irene Joyce was 8 - as was her twin Albert Ernest) and their residence was Little Gibbert, Tenterden, Kent. Additional to this, Irene's older bother Alfred (born 1893) worked as farm labourer. Irene also had other siblings: Reginald (born 1904), Cycil (born 1899) and Florence (born 1895). Do you think this is the same Packham family in which you are all discussing. If so, I would be extremely grateful if you could help me   with whatever information or pictures you have, If you would like to email me my address is email address removed by moderator. Thank you so much.

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 October 12 16:22 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat mjpearman

It is Rootschat's policy not to publish email addresses on the boards hence the removal of such from your post.  However, there is a Rootschat personal message system which enables Rootschatters to communicate privately/exchange email addresses etc..  The personal message system is automatically activated once a member has posted three times on the public boards thus replying twice to this post will do it.

Casalguidi :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ivorjbody

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 October 12 16:42 BST (UK) »
Hope you got my email as you should have a very young cousin out there called Richard Diedo. I got your email address somehow,perhaps I was early before it was taken off, I hope, as I have sent one back to you. I have found out so much about my family thanks to rootschat especially in Canada. photo I am sure Richard want mind me sharing Esther at Little Gibbet my 1st cousin once removed farm Gibbets William Body. Change my mind Cyril with friend at Little Gibbet
ivor (body)

Offline rdiedo

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 October 12 17:05 BST (UK) »
Hello!

Yep we are related - my great grandad Cyril and your Great Grandma Irene were brother/sister! So that makes us... cousins of some kind? Really exciting to hear from you. Irene I believe was known as Reenie or Aunt Reenie and lived to a grand old age of a 100 or just over, in Northiam, Eas Sussex.

I still live locally, just down the road from Gibbet Oak.

I have your email address courtesy of Ivor Body, I'll drop you a line with my contact details, get in touch it would be great to hear from you.

Richard

Hi All,

I hope you don't mind me replying but after reading your topic, I think I might be looking for some of the same information you are all giving.

Basically, I am doing my family tree for my grandarents, my Great grandma was called Irene Joyce Packham, who was married to Leonard Fredrick Button. Her father was called Edward John Packham (Born 1863) worked as a cowman and mother Harriet Esther Packham nee Bean . I have been looking at the 1911 census (when Irene Joyce was 8 - as was her twin Albert Ernest) and their residence was Little Gibbert, Tenterden, Kent. Additional to this, Irene's older bother Alfred (born 1893) worked as farm labourer. Irene also had other siblings: Reginald (born 1904), Cycil (born 1899) and Florence (born 1895). Do you think this is the same Packham family in which you are all discussing. If so, I would be extremely grateful if you could help me   with whatever information or pictures you have, If you would like to email me my address is email address removed by moderator. Thank you so much.

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 October 12 17:54 BST (UK) »
I have Leonard Fredrick Button in my tree, if anyone wants his side of the family tree for your records please send me a pm.
Regards panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline mjpearman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 October 12 12:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Panda,

Leonard Fredrick Button was my Great Grandfather and his daughter Sylvia Dawes is my Grandma. I'm not sure how to pm you but I would be very grateful for what information you have. 

Hi Everyone else,

I am just on my lunch break but will message again later. Just so you know I am doing my grandparents family history for a present for them. I only started yesterday, but I am lucky in the fact my grandparents love telling me stories so have managed to find a lot of stuff out already. I will post what I know later but I have a family tree and ancestry if anyone would like to see it. Also, as this is a present, I want to put a books together for each of them so if you have any photos, stories or certificates that you can send through so I can print them off I would be extremely grateful. I currently do not have any pictures etc yet, however, my grandma has told me that her sister (Joyce) will able to help me with that so will hopefully be able to send you some bits through.

Thansk and I will messsage later.

Offline panda40

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 October 12 18:55 BST (UK) »
Hi MJ
You need to post 3 messages on the forum to be able to PM another rootschat user. So if you reply to this message it should unlock for you. If you click on my panda image it will bring up my details and say seed this rootschat user a private message. If you let me know your email address this way (this keeps emails private) I Will sort out what information I have for you. It probably won't be till the weekend as I have a lot of stuff to get ready for a meeting on Thursday) hopefully this will helpyou with your family tree book.
Regards panda
Chapman. Kent/Liverpool 1900+
Linnett.Kent/liverpool 1900+
Button. Kent
Sawyer. Kent
Swain. Kent
Austin/en. Kent
Ellen. Kent
Harman. Kent/ norfolk

Offline mjpearman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 October 12 20:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

That would make sense, because when I tried earlier I ended up sending myself a pm.

Right, instead of trying to explain the family history I have attached a screen shot of the Packham family tree as from Irene (including her siblings) up to as far as I know. I have also included a screen shot of Irene's siblings, their births and deaths that I have so far, and also Irene's children, which includes my Grandma, Sylvia.

The other thing I thought I should mention, is that when I asked my Grandma about her uncles and aunties, she remember Cyril as Cycil. I have had a look at the census' and can see that along the way his name may of been misinterpreted, or my grandma was slightly out with the name.

Ok, so I am unable to attach the document as it is not in the correct file  format, if you would like me to send them you please pm me and I'll send them over.