Author Topic: Pullen Family  (Read 14178 times)

Offline dilosh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pullen Family
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 29 September 19 23:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I came across this thread while researching Jesse Pullen (1795-1871) my 1st cousin 5 times removed. I have no idea if anyone will read this 7 years after the original post was made but I thought I would share our connection anyway.

My great great grandmother was Harriet Pullen Wills and for years I had wondered where her name had come from as, as far as I knew I did not have any Pullen ancestors.  I don't but we do share a rather entangled tree.

Jesse Pullen's maternal grandfather is my 5xGGF William Wills who married twice so we don't share his maternal grandmother's line but his mother is my 5xgreat aunt who married William Pullen my 1st cousin 6x removed.  William Pullen's mother was Mary Frost my 6xgreat aunt.  Which means Jesse Pullen and I also share John Frost (1698 to 1769) and Mary Weestbach (1705-?) as common ancestors. 

I attempted to attached my 4xGGF James Wills's (Sarah Will's half brother) tree so you can see the overlap with Jesse's tree but the files were too big so if you would like to see it to what I have so far please give a shout. I have some way to go to completing his full set of 16 GGGP but I hopefully what I do have so far might be helpful to someone out there. 

So it turns out my great great grandmother was named after Jesse Pullens sister, Harriet Pullen, her 1st cousins 1 time removed.

Happy researching
All the best
Diane