Author Topic: I am TRULY confused...  (Read 4779 times)

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: I am TRULY confused...
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 July 12 13:12 BST (UK) »
I also found this on-line book about Derbyshire Churches

http://www.ebooksread.com/authors-eng/j-charles-john-charles-cox/notes-on-the-churches-of-derbyshire-volume-3-ala/page-4-notes-on-the-churches-of-derbyshire-volume-3-ala.shtml

It seems that Ralph I's son Ralph II was buried in Brailsford with his third wife Lucy,  but the memorial no longer exists - There are now no monuments of any antiquity in this church one of the oldest being dated 1698
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 27 July 12 17:36 BST (UK) »
OH my goodness....

I have not been on rootschat for sometime and am TRULY appreciative of all of this information.  I cannot wait to sit down and peruse those sites. 

Thank you Thank you Thank you...this has been an exciting journey into my history!  And with your help the pieces are coming together...thanks EVER SO MUCH!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline DebbieG

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 28 July 12 09:11 BST (UK) »
You are very welcome  :)

I may have some other bits of info on the Shirley family,  but I'm not sure what you have already and what you are looking for?

:)
Pay(n)ton, Payton, Pe(a)rton all Oxfordshire and Berkshire - particularly Abingdon

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 01 August 12 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hi there...

I am beginning this search into this Shirley family....am starting to use google books to discover more information on this family...there is so much to know and to learn..

Thanks EVER EVER sooo much for the help!

YOU are the BEST!
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Offline daveb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 September 12 19:15 BST (UK) »
 In reply to the original post Eatington is now known as Ettington, Warwickshire. The Shirleys were based there and lived at Ettington Park, the house was modernised in victorian times in a gothic manner  and it is now and has been for some time a hotel. Google it for more info and pictures.

Daveb
Rous, Rouse, Rowse, le Rous....
Warwickshire,Worcestershire,Gloucestershire,Oxfordshire
Sanderson....
Cumberland,Ontario

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 01 October 12 23:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks EVER so much...do find this research interesting!