Author Topic: 22 Brisbane Street, Liverpool - Miller  (Read 15173 times)

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: 22 Brisbane Street, Liverpool - Miller
« Reply #9 on: Friday 13 July 12 00:43 BST (UK) »
Margaret Barwise jnr had the following siblings - all baptised at St Peters - parents George Frederick & Margaret.  George is shown as a victualler on all entries

William Henry b 10.6.1881 c 26.6.1881
Robert b 24.1.1883  c 7.2.1883
Albert Edward b 9.12.1886 c 6.1.1887
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Genny1411

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 13 July 12 00:53 BST (UK) »
Thank you all so very kindly, amazing the help you get on here.

I will look up each and every entry/suggestion.  Hubby is thrilled.

Glenda

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 July 12 09:16 BST (UK) »
13th February 1876 at St John The Baptist, Toxteth ,Liverpool
the christening of George Frederick Barwisse
parents Thomas Barwisse and Mary
abode Erith Street
occ - moulder

possibly their marriage
Thomas Barwise to Mary Williams at St Peter ,Everton ,Liverpool in 1868...
baptism of Thomas may be
Thomas Barwise christened 25th february 1846 at St Peter - parents Thomas and Elizabeth
their marriage may be

1845 Thomas Barwise to Elizabeth Eyres at Our Lady St Nicholas and St Anne ,Liverpool
allan
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline Genny1411

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 13 July 12 18:38 BST (UK) »
Thank you again, didn't know the name Barwise was that common in Liverpool so they all may be related - will try to figure it all out.  Family history can be such a labyrinth can't it.  Thank you for all the help, the hubby now knows more about his family than he has ever known or thought possible to learn.  For a long time it seemed like such a deadend.  Your help is very much appreciated.

Glenda

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 13 July 12 22:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Glenda

so they all may be related

They are all related.  If you work backwards from the Margaret Barwise who married John T Miller these were her parents/grandparents and great grandparents

Her parents were George Frederick Barwise (1876) and Margaret Kelly

George Fredericks parents were Thomas Barwise (1846) and Mary (? Williams)

Thomas Barwise parents were Thomas Barwise and Elizabeth Eyres
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline Genny1411

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 July 12 04:45 BST (UK) »
Thank you again, this is just amazing.....from not knowing anyone - except his grandmothers' name from knowing back 3 generations :)  One of the problem of emigrating to another country is losing touch with family left behind.....thus hubby grew up in Canada not really knowing any of his relatives with the exception of his grandmother who visited one time in Canada.  I can't wait to write it all out for him......thank you kindly for all the feedback/work on his and my behalf :)

Glenda

Online garstonite

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 July 12 06:10 BST (UK) »
Thank you again, this is just amazing.....from not knowing anyone - except his grandmothers' name from knowing back 3 generations :)  One of the problem of emigrating to another country is losing touch with family left behind.....thus hubby grew up in Canada not really knowing any of his relatives with the exception of his grandmother who visited one time in Canada.  I can't wait to write it all out for him......thank you kindly for all the feedback/work on his and my behalf :)

Glenda

Hiya Glenda....I live in Liverpool and I am in my 60`s....and so are quite a few Barwise..go to
www.192.com
barwise
liverpool
search
and you will be pleasantly surprised...apart from those on the phone...it lists the electoral role of the Barwise families and their ages...I have just counted around 100....now there`s a surprise for your hubby...
allan ;)
oakes,liverpool..neston..backford..poulton cum spittal(bebington)middlewich,cheshire......   sacht,helgoland  .......merrick,herefordshire adams,shropshire...tipping..ellis..  jones,garston,liverpool..hartley.dunham massey..barker. salford

Offline crisane

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 July 12 06:31 BST (UK) »
To follow John thomas Miller's line back and be sure you have the right one you need to buy his marriage cert to Margaret Barwise Registration district Liverpool 1913 vol 8b page 209.

I have taken a look to see if I could sort him out but in 1911 there are 16 John Thomas Millers in Lancashire alone and we don't even know if he was born in Lancs. Also he could have been at sea if he was employed in the ship industry so we need to know his date of birth, place and father's name.

You can order a certificate online here using the details given but check them on FreeBMD first. :)

www.gro.gov.uk/gro/contents/certificates

Offline Genny1411

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 14 July 12 13:24 BST (UK) »
Thank you Crisane.  Hubby went over all the material we had last night and he was amazed.  He knew so little about his extended family.  He read it over and over lol.  We have ordered the marriage certificate and we'll see where that takes us vis-a-vis his family.

Freebmd does show some information but not in enough detail to know who his parents were.

Marriages Sep 1913
Miller    John T.    Barwise    Liverpool    

What a great team.  Thanks again.

Glenda