Author Topic: Re: Rossiter for rcuser  (Read 2643 times)

Offline Claire Clark

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rossiter for rcuser
« Reply #9 on: Monday 13 May 19 13:12 BST (UK) »
Hi guys, its almost like I have to borrow Arnie's response in The Terminator movies and announce "I'm back!". I was over in Aust for a few days and missed all the excitement of seeing replies to this posting after 7 years. My personal email provider has changed to @outlook.com So if anyone wants to reply personally check this item https://www.eventfinda.co.nz/2015/wwi-in-watercolours-at-splash/wellington      and update the email address.

Its nice to see some interest in this line and a real thrill to see so many helpers still out there and nice to see a family connection. I am guessing that Beth Heap is descended from Mary Anne Clark who married George William Patterson. Using this Forum is helpful. I have 4 definite children for Isaac Clark and Elizabeth Grey and only pencilled in a possible 5th so I look forward to receiving info. Elizabeth Grey I had tracked to the East Knoyle area of Wiltshire and had worked with the Wiltshire OPC to narrow down a list of possible parents. Beth's proposal that Elizabeth Grey is from the Hindon area and possibly baptised 21 Apr 1782 with parents Jeremiah and Jane.... this is great work.

Isaac Rositer Clark, pauper, died 24 November 1840 at Workhouse Hampstead, aged 62 years of diseased lungs.  He was buried at Highgate Cemetery of St. James, Swains Lane, St Pancras. He is the oldest confirmed male in this lineage.

Claire

Offline Beth Heap

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Rossiter for rcuser
« Reply #10 on: Monday 13 May 19 22:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Claire,

I was very happy to see a reply on this forum from you this morning :)

You're correct, I am descended from Mary Anne Clark and George William Patterson.  Is that where you are from as well? 

The work on the Clark and Grey line has definitely been a collaborative effort with other cousins.  Researching is much more productive and fun when you have others to throw ideas around with :)

I'd love to be in contact with you and will send an email.  I assume that your email address is the one on the link, but with the email provider changed.

Regards
Beth

Patterson, Clark, Walters, Williams, Davies, Jones, Hansford, Bassett, Shreeve, Shaw, Talbot, Dennis, Wilson, Cotton, Potter, Barber, Hawkins, Pullen, Rossiter, Grey, May, Hensher, Christopher, Harris, Steed, Duke, James, Armstrong, Banton, Wardle, Broadhurst, Sharpe, Winters, Rudd, Bond, Eaton