Author Topic: trouble identifying family even with marriage certificate.  (Read 3585 times)

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: trouble identifying family even with marriage certificate.
« Reply #9 on: Friday 20 July 12 16:30 BST (UK) »
There is a John Bailey who dies in the Wem district,Shropshire in 1844 so a possible perhaps as father.The John Bailey born 1829 is in Woodhouses,Shropshire as a farm servant I think.It is only a few miles from Whitchurch etc but never been 100% sure.I think I am going to take a chance and get a death certificate for the John Bailey who dies in Wem district.You never know.

Offline doubleRR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 20 July 12 16:36 BST (UK) »
Bit of a long shot but... the couple were married in 53..the registration district come under Wem, Shropshire
Running a search for John snrs death between 41 and 53, there is only one death registered in the disctric of Wem:
June 1844 wem&c volume 18 page 155.
It might, out of desperation be worth having a look.. as there may be his occupation on there and the name of the informant.
If he was a tailor I would be 99.9% it was the right chap and if the informant was his wife that would clear which of the 2 we were looking at...or maybe another child was the informant??
Maybe you could order it stating you only want it if the deceased was a tailor..I'm sure (correct me if im wrong) that if you stated that and he wasnt they wont charge you..
Parrish/Parish: Birmingham, Staffordshire, Shropshire.
Connections: Salt,  Gould,  Neath, Malpas(s), Cox, Jones, Pargeter,  Grainger, Greenaway, Bannister, Car(e)less, Broome, Dawes, Meese, Aga, Howard

Offline doubleRR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 20 July 12 16:37 BST (UK) »
 ;D ;D

They say great minds think alike ....
Parrish/Parish: Birmingham, Staffordshire, Shropshire.
Connections: Salt,  Gould,  Neath, Malpas(s), Cox, Jones, Pargeter,  Grainger, Greenaway, Bannister, Car(e)less, Broome, Dawes, Meese, Aga, Howard

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 20 July 12 17:20 BST (UK) »
I am going to order it through the GRO.Thank you everyone for your help!

Offline wilcoxon

• -
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barry Sheene 1950-2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 23 March 20 16:35 GMT (UK) »
Yes they had lots of children,many of them died unfortunately but George,Eliza-my great great grandmother,Sarah and Arthur survived.Eliza led a very colourful life as did her second husband.You could make a story out of her!!

I am helping a friend who is descended from Eliza Bailey and James Welch, but it doesn`t look as if Mr Pinkwhistle is still on RC .  This  is an  intriguing post,  and I would have loved to have known more.
Census information is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline mr pinkwhistle

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 24 March 20 21:47 GMT (UK) »
I am the lady who is related to Eliza Bailey and James Welch. If you wish to personally message me I would be happy to help with any information that could help. I have lots and the most amazing true story to tell and found out so much more since I put the post on all that time ago.