Author Topic: BRIDGET DERRIG b 1833 Sligo  (Read 5153 times)

Offline Beverley Nicholson

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • ...for God, for country, and for YALE
    • View Profile
BRIDGET DERRIG b 1833 Sligo
« on: Wednesday 30 June 04 17:46 BST (UK) »
 :)

Hello from the smallest state in the USA- Rhode Island!
I am looking for the ancestors of Bridget Derrig b 13 January 1835.  I believe her father was Patrick Derrig b 1800 in Sligo, and her mother was Julia Moran b in Connaught.

Bridget immigrated to the USA as the widow of Joseph Nicholson of Kent England, and is buried in Fall River, Massachusetts.  

I am specifically looking for her mother and father's ancestors.

Any help would be appreciated.  This is also US actor Jack Nicholson's line; Bridgett would be his gggrandmother.

Thanks in advance!
Beverly
NICHOLSON- Cheshire England and Dundee, Scotland.  <br />Also Wright, Marlor, Redman, France, Walters, Crresswell, Stephenson, Crossland, Watson- ENGLAND <br />Crammond, Keith, Crighton, Haggart, Mill, McKenzie, Crocat, Farquharson, Kea - SCOTLAND<br />Derrigg, Moran- IRELAND<br /><br />SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME RESEARCH!!  :)

Offline Beverley Nicholson

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • ...for God, for country, and for YALE
    • View Profile
Re: BRIDGET DERRIG b 1833 Sligo
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 August 04 02:08 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I recently saw Bridget's death certificate.  She is buried in St. Mary's Cemetery in Fall River, MA and died of burns on Aug 13, 1887.  Her name is listed as Bridget Nickelson with a maiden name of Derrick- b 1835 in Sligo.
Is there any kind sould out there who could help me find her ancestors? 
Thanks,
Beverly in Rhode Island  USA :)
NICHOLSON- Cheshire England and Dundee, Scotland.  <br />Also Wright, Marlor, Redman, France, Walters, Crresswell, Stephenson, Crossland, Watson- ENGLAND <br />Crammond, Keith, Crighton, Haggart, Mill, McKenzie, Crocat, Farquharson, Kea - SCOTLAND<br />Derrigg, Moran- IRELAND<br /><br />SPECIAL THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO HAS HELPED ME RESEARCH!!  :)

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 11 October 04 11:00 BST (UK) »
Hi,

It's tricky to find a birth if you only know the county. There are a few Derrick households in the Griffiths Valuation but they are in Galway and Mayo only.

Perhaps you could trace her marriage to Nickelson of Kent if they got married in England and check the English census too.

Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington

Offline clan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 23 November 08 00:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello
Just interested to know if yyou have located any info on Bridget,My gt grandfather was Patrick Derrig and his father also Patrick,he also had a sister Bridget who went to America I do not have any written info only stories told to me as a child by my mother.The Derigg's lived in Sligo town Patrick married Catherine Garvey and had one child Margeret.
Regards Pat

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 23 November 08 09:38 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat, clan. Beverly hasn't been online since 2007 but perhaps she's see your post and get in touch.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline BNS8201

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 23 August 09 02:43 BST (UK) »
Hello
Just interested to know if yyou have located any info on Bridget,My gt grandfather was Patrick Derrig and his father also Patrick,he also had a sister Bridget who went to America I do not have any written info only stories told to me as a child by my mother.The Derigg's lived in Sligo town Patrick married Catherine Garvey and had one child Margeret.
Regards Pat

Hi Pat,
I am sorry; I seem to have lost my sign in name for Rootsweb, and just stumbled across your answer to my original question.  Yes, Bridget Derrig married Joseph Nicholson in England. He was already in the USA and she came separately, as far as I can tell.  The USA actor, Jack Nicholson is directly descended from this line- just as you and I are.  Please contact me at (*)
. Sincerely, Bev

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline BNS8201

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 23 August 09 02:46 BST (UK) »
Hello,
MY name is Beverley Nicholson and I have a new email and log in to rootschat. Please feel free to email me at (*)
Bridget Derrig married Joseph Nicholson of England and came to the USA. She was born in 1835. Is this the same time frame you are talking about?  If so, Bridget and Joseph are direct ancestors of actor Jack Nicholson as well.
Please email me.
Sincerely,
Bev

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php