Author Topic: DYNAN/DINAN Cork area, Catholic and occupation Tailors!  (Read 4537 times)

Offline ReneeCampbell

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DYNAN/DINAN Cork area, Catholic and occupation Tailors!
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 12 June 19 06:37 BST (UK) »
Thanks, Hallmark.

I have had a bit of a browse. Unfortunately the names are all so common that it's hard to pin down :) However, I've just discovered some of the genealogy sites for Ireland, so am having a good search now :)  Have previously used Family Search, Find My Past, and Ancestry trial to get the info I have so far.

Also, I've seen the links in the pinned threads on the Ireland page here, so will be having a look at those, too.

Appreciate the tips!  ;)

Offline Moragdon

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: DYNAN/DINAN Cork area, Catholic and occupation Tailors!
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 20 August 23 20:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Kiwi, Renee and Hallmark. I’m sorry I haven’t replied sooner, I never seem to see these messages until years have passed, but better late than never.
All of your recent posts are fascinating, I will construct a Tree as I find it easier to visualise everything on a Tree and then see if I can find anything else.

Of note is that recently I have discovered that although the line I started my post with ‘may have lived at some time in Cork’ if the family tale is correct, the Bloodline now appears to come historically from County Clare.  So anyone who has similar names to these historically in County Clare in their ancestry, even if they emigrated all over the world subsequently, could be especially interesting.
Sorry to be brief, any ideas or information would be wonderful.  Best wishes all.
Dynan, McNamara, with potentially O’Dea, Casey, Mahoney, O’Neill and other historic Irish, likely Co Clare surname connections.