Author Topic: All Saints, Leighton Buzzard  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Motueka Margaret

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
All Saints, Leighton Buzzard
« on: Friday 27 July 12 11:08 BST (UK) »
Does anyone know if there is a map of Graves in the All Saints Churchyard at Leighton Buzzard  or could give me a email address to All Saints where I can contact them regarding this ?  I know my G. Grandparents are buried there as I have a photo of their headstone.  Why I ask -  is I have discovered that some of their children have died in Leighton Buzzard and wondered if they would be buried there?
Catherine Rogers wife of Joseph died 1931, Sarah Ann Pearson died 1939 and Emmeler Ether Percy died 1936.
regards, Margaret

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: All Saints, Leighton Buzzard
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 28 July 12 11:52 BST (UK) »

Hi Margaret....

Will send you the contact details by pm to avoid scamming.

As for the later burials unless they are buried within an older family grave they may be buried at the cemetery in Vandyke rd. It opened in 1884 . Alot of burials in the older section have no headstones but there is a list held within Leighton Buzzard library as I have used it before cannot remember the dates it covered but I was only looking at 1910 for a year. The cemetery its self is almost full.
 Haven't been into the library for a while but may have a chance next week as school hols and could drop the boys at nans for a few hours and have a wander into town.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Motueka Margaret

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: All Saints, Leighton Buzzard
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 28 July 12 22:27 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Tassie for this  info in the PM. I am away from home for a few days but will email when I get home. I was so impressed with the opening ceremony at the Olympics Games in London . You did yourselves proud.  regards, Margaret.