Author Topic: Donnelly family from Clare  (Read 3113 times)

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Donnelly family from Clare
« on: Friday 03 August 12 08:18 BST (UK) »
Does anyone have any information re the family of Timothy and James Donnelly.  They were brothers and both married Ann Kelly in Kyneton Victoria.  Their parents were John Donnelly and Hannah Cusack from Clare in Ireland.  I am really most interested in Ann Kelly, but am hopeful that information re her husband's family might be useful.  Any information or help most appreciated.
Cheers

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Donnelly family from Clare
« Reply #1 on: Friday 03 August 12 12:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Have you got some dates to use as a timeframe ?

Tara

Offline 64aussie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 03 August 12 13:17 BST (UK) »
Evening Rootschat folk, one of these days I will get everything correct, not much use asking for information without giving a time frame for people to think about - Ann Kelly married Timothy Donnelly in 1872 in Kyneton Victoria, at which time Timothy was 28 years old.  In 1888 James Donnelly married Ann, again in Kyneton, stating that he was 45 years old.  However, when the son of Ann and James was born (Francis) in 1888 (before his parents marriage) James stated that he was 40 years old.  I do believe they are one and the same people, but I am a little concerned about this difference in stated age.  At the time of her marriage to James Ann stated that she had been a widow since 1884.
Cheers again

Offline taramcdsmall

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 August 12 15:06 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

The main problem that you are up against with Irish records is that the civil ones only began in 1864 and you are looking for records from WAY before that date.

To go pre 1864 you need to look for church records. For this you need the religious denomination and townland that your family came from.

Unfortunately you don't know the townland that they came from yet !

There is a site called ifhf that has old church records on it but no County Clare ones yet :(

I am just attaching the link from your previous query to this family too.

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,606554.msg4560288.html#msg4560288

Hope you get some more leads soon !

Good Luck !

Tara