Author Topic: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.  (Read 11319 times)

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
  • My Great Grandparents From Chester.
    • View Profile
Re: marriage cert btwn John Morris & Anne Williams, Whitford Wales.
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 11 August 12 15:23 BST (UK) »
Can anyone find baptisms for JOHN MORRIS 1814, ROBERT MORRIS 1815, RICHARD MORRIS 1819 all Whitford, Wales ? Names, years of baptism correct and show up on searching.

I have only found these on one site but I am not a fully paid member of this one so wont let me look at record, (PM me for site). I am trying to find if there is a maiden name for their mother so I can then find the right marriage between John Jones b 1781 Whitford wales and Anne Someone 1782 whitford. I am assuming up to now it could be a  Williams but the name of their Mother but still 100% certain it is this name I assume only taken from 1841 census it does not specify the relationship that Jane Williams had as the oldest name on the household, Jane could have been just a visitor that night? So maybe if I can access the information on the baptism records of these Sons it may give me something more concrete.

Greatly appreciated if anyone has 5 minutes.

Michelle
Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 11 August 12 17:38 BST (UK) »
hi Michelle

Robert Morris 1815 christening 3rd sep 1815 son of john and Anne

Richard 1819 christening 12Th DEC 1819

john christening 6Th march 1814

thomas christening 28Th Sept 1817

indexing  project 5673-1
film number 104826

parents john and Anne Morris

Wendy
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks very much Wendy :) Great it gives their actual date of Birth.

Shame it does not give the mothers maiden name, trying to find the marriage between John & Anne wonder if its a Williams Anne's maiden name Wendy? As the nearest marriage about 1808, 2 years before their first Child in Mary/Maria 1810-1811. The nearest marriage is Nannerch with these two names Anne Williams and John Morris. So that must be them at a guess as the other option given is too far from Whitford.... 

Morris of Whitford Wales. Jones of Whitford Wales. Price of Stoke on Trent. Booth of Bury, Lancs. West of Stockport, Liverpool and Ireland. Beresford & Thompson of Chester.

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:09 BST (UK) »
hi Michelle

Robert Morris 1815 christening 3rd sep 1815 son of john and Anne

Richard 1819 christening 12Th DEC 1819

john christening 6Th march 1814

thomas christening 28Th Sept 1817

indexing  project 5673-1
film number 104826

parents john and Anne Morris

Wendy

Ooo A Thomas, not seen him before on any of the census's..A new one !

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:13 BST (UK) »
Michelle

it the christening date not date of birth and William Russell Jones put thomas down first

Wendy
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:14 BST (UK) »
Familysearch.org also gives another child to parents John and Anne Morris at Whitford a Thomas baptised 28/09/1817.

Regards
William Russell Jones.

I did give the Thomas earlier!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:16 BST (UK) »
You'll make my head swell Wendy.lol

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 11 August 12 18:23 BST (UK) »
Ok thanks for pointing that out Wendy abt the christening dates, I'll amend my records. Yes William so you did ! I must have missed that entry.....Thank you he is now added to the tree :)

Offline shell2012

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Sunday 02 September 12 23:44 BST (UK) »
Right. Ive checked and double checked there is no other marriage for John Morris with Anne Williams on the marriage Banns in 1808 in Nannerch. If I ordered the certificate would it say the names of her parents and his parents at all or would it be exactly the same information as stated on the Banns ? Just wondering as I assume Anne Williams and John Morris only married in Nannerch for some reason (?) As on the 1841 census married Anne states that she was born in the county area of Whitford Garn ? So is it possible they just married outside of Whitford but both were from there, as the Jane Williams on the 1841 census states that she is from the county of Whitford Garn too. So I guess I have to take that as it is... Can anyone tell me what this mean by Jane Williams name under occupation  ( F.S ) ?  The mystery is it says on that marriage in Nannerch both of that parish but that is not assuming they live there? Maybe its the wrong marriage, I'll have to dig deeper. Could they have got married at Sion Lloc Methodist Church, I have no idea if and whether anyone was able to marry at this church as opposed to Whitford Parish, just thinking of all possibilities.