Author Topic: mary yates was she married and are these her children  (Read 3345 times)

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: mary yates was she married and are these her children
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 11 August 12 11:19 BST (UK) »
her death does that mean she could of died in the poor house thanks David.
Scotland.Yates,Kelly,illingworth,Reilly,cummins,green,dunpy,McCullough,Watson ,bulloch,Ross,Clark.England.boag,Costello,bulloch.chappell,drummond.stobbard .   Scotland,Simpson.McKay Murry blewit.England,graham suddes surtees scotland greenhill england charlton oniel chicken Richardson hardy salthouse scotland.seath strachan mill england graham

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 11 August 12 11:42 BST (UK) »
I honestly don't know, she could have.

It seems the actual surname of her dau. Mary was Cavanagh.   She married a John Purvis in 1887 (haven't viewed this, no more credits) but remarried as follows:

Mary Cavanagh, previously Purves, widow, married 30/8/1904 to Steiney Cairney, widower, - her father is shown as N.K. (not known) and mother Mary Yates, deceased.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline davidpaul

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 11 August 12 13:05 BST (UK) »
thanks Annette will see if can find out with other children regards David.
Scotland.Yates,Kelly,illingworth,Reilly,cummins,green,dunpy,McCullough,Watson ,bulloch,Ross,Clark.England.boag,Costello,bulloch.chappell,drummond.stobbard .   Scotland,Simpson.McKay Murry blewit.England,graham suddes surtees scotland greenhill england charlton oniel chicken Richardson hardy salthouse scotland.seath strachan mill england graham

Offline Dunfanaghy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 December 22 10:43 GMT (UK) »

Mary Cairney died 15 August 1928, age 75, 60 Adam’s Terrace, Kelty, Fife.  Thomas McHale, son in law, present.  Her parents were Thomas Cavanagh, deceased Labourer and Mary Yates, deceased.
She married (1) John Purvis, Slater, 25 November 1887, Torryburn Free Church; married (2) Stephen Cairney. Labourer, 30 August 1904, United Free Church, Carnock.
Stephen Cairney’s forename is recorded as Steiney which was his mother’s maiden name.  There is a Stephen and Mary Cairney living in Main Street, Newmills in the 1920 Electoral Register