Author Topic: a past relative in cradely heath area?  (Read 18298 times)

Offline sushi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: a past relative in cradely heath area?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 29 May 05 11:16 BST (UK) »
thanks Donna for the info about the blackcountry bugle, I wil be following that up.
Sushi
Wootton/Smethwick
Charles Birmingham
Jeavons Fellows/Tromans/Harris/ Cradley

Offline sushi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 29 May 05 11:53 BST (UK) »
Back again Gardener,
Whoah! loads more info, thanks so much!! 
I went onto the Rowley Regis site and fount the two "seekers" you mentioned, and have left messages,  no-one has replied as yet, but I live in hopes! I am going to "do" BOB in a minute!

I also went on to family search and found the marriage of Benjamin Trowman and Ann Trowman, 21 april 1815. I'm stuck now because I don't know what Ann's maiden name was.Is there an earlier census than 1851 or something else I can look on ? I tried family search but it didn't turn anything up. I suppose as she was 63 in 1851, that makes her born about 1788 ish?

I keep getting sidetracked by linking up the brothers and sisters etc.( much to my husbands annoyance as I never stop going on about it!!!

One thing is decided, next time we come over to England, I will be going to the burial grounds to see the family graves!!
wil speak soon,
regards Sushi
Wootton/Smethwick
Charles Birmingham

Offline sushi

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 29 May 05 15:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Gardener,
Thanks for that. and guess what? I am intrigued by john J Fellows daughter, Kesiah. I found her marriage details, 23 april 1861 in Clent, and yes you guessed it, she married an Alfred TROMANS!! I dont beleive it!! well I do really.
But I guess she must have married again to someone called Cole, as she is on the burial list for 1927  as Kesiah Cole, sharing the grave of her two brothers, David and Will. Can't find anything on familysearch yet again§
Hey Ho!
Felicitations, Sushi
Wootton/Smethwick
Charles Birmingham

Offline Mr Toucan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 10 April 09 23:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Sushi,

I don't know if there is any chance of you picking this up, but if you do it would be great to share some information with you.

Kesiah Jeavons, I have just discovered was my Great Great Grandmother, you mention that you find her intriguing and I wondered what you may know. I'm also trying to find out what the relationship may be with John Jeavons Fellows of the International Rugby Board.

Hope that you do manage to read this,

James

Offline sooshi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 April 09 08:52 BST (UK) »
Hello James,
What a nice surprise to hear from a descendant of the  elusive Kesiah. I find her intriging as the last mention I have of her was on the 1861 census aged 18. I have that info on this thread as i'm sure you saw. After that I couldnt get another lead on her, even a death. I thought she must have emigrated. I am in contact with the descendants of Will. Jeavons Fellows in Canada, who have also been trying to trace her but to no avail. Thats all I know. I have a copy of an extensive jeavons fellows family tree, if you havnt already got it and would like a copy, I will try and dig it out for you - it's been quite long time since I looked into this that I'm a bit rusty on the knowledge I gleaned. I dont know aboput any rugby contact, but perhaps he's on the family tree info!
nice to hear from you,
Sushi

Offline Gardener

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 10 May 09 19:41 BST (UK) »
Hi
Ages since I looked at this site, been a bit busy.
I wonder if you know about the following site which has Keziah on?
http://bcconnections.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=bcconnections&view=0&pid=8845&rand=420846240
If you have any more details to add, or see any mistakes there, then please get in touch with BCC :-)
Rose (Black Country),Downs (Black Country),Wolloxall (any and all),Bark (Derbyshire),Wright (Derbyshire),Marsden (Derbyshire), Wallace (Black Country)

All census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sooshi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 11 May 09 08:31 BST (UK) »
hello gardiner - how are you?

That ifo is very interesting - I think I can add a bit to that tree for them. I will investigate!
Many thanks for that
regards, Nita

Offline pash

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 18 June 09 12:29 BST (UK) »
Thought I would mention that I have a Jeavons Fellows tree. I am descended from the Fellows side.

Forgot to say I know how the Jeavons Fellows name originated
Kendrick, Byng, Fellows, Grainger, Bassett, Hughes, Rickward. Staffordshire.

Offline sooshi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 18 June 09 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hello, distant relative Pash!!
Who were your ancestors then - I have a family tree somewhere I will look it up to try and find you. I have only looked up the female side of the family - so dont know a lot about the men. I am in touch with decendants of Will J Fellows who emigrated to Canada in 1910. How did the name come about then - I had heard that the jeavons wife had been deserted and so she married again to a Fellows - is this the story you have?
Waiting to hear,
Nita