Author Topic: Philadelphia Archives?  (Read 832 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Philadelphia Archives?
« on: Friday 17 August 12 19:31 BST (UK) »
Hello....

Just wondering if there's any kind soul going to or willing to go to the Philadelphia Archives in Market Street, PA that would be able to do a lookup for me. I would do it - but am in Ireland  :) I've got the name, date of birth and parents for the person. Would like to see if he had anymore siblings, and if infact the parents did marry

Any help would be great

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline RobMcF

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Philadelphia Archives?
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 September 12 11:58 BST (UK) »
Hello....

Just wondering if there's any kind soul going to or willing to go to the Philadelphia Archives in Market Street, PA that would be able to do a lookup for me. I would do it - but am in Ireland  :) I've got the name, date of birth and parents for the person. Would like to see if he had anymore siblings, and if infact the parents did marry

Any help would be great

Annie

Philadelphia is a large city that has taken in loads of Irish immigrants.  It would be a chore to look those things up in the archives without dates or names.  You'd be better off trying to establish the family through other records, like the censuses, and only go after vital records when you know the names and at least the approximate year.  If you post whatever info you have, I could try to see what I could find online.

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Re: Philadelphia Archives?
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 September 12 12:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Rob...

I've looked absolutely everywhere on line for this family, and have hit a brick wall at 1915 when I have the family in New York. I have found someone that is willing to go to the archives for me...and have provided them with information that I am looking for so I hope that something will come up for me.

I know Philadelphia took in a load of Irish immigrants as I've got a few other family members that immigrated there.

Cheers,

Annie
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut