Author Topic: MILLAR, Coleraine  (Read 3158 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
MILLAR, Coleraine
« on: Friday 17 August 12 21:51 BST (UK) »
Have been stuck on this for years so would be grateful if anyone can find more information for me.

Starting with this obituary-
Coleraine Chronicle, 4 May 1889: GILMORE, at the residence of her daughter (Mrs. Millar) 5, Albert Terrace, Coleraine, on the 30th ult., Agnes, relict of the late James Gilmore, Carnrallagh, aged 87 years.

I can't find this death in the index and years ago went through the microfilmed register for Coleraine district without finding a likely match.

Agnes was born c1802 according to the death notice. Her husband James Gilmore died 1869 age 74. I don't know of any children other that the daughter (Mrs. Millar) mentioned here.

Albert Terrace is on Bushmills Road in Coleraine and I've searched directories around 1889 without finding the Millars in that area.

So, even if I can't find Agnes (Nancy? Ann?) Gilmore I'd like to find the Millar family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline sandal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MILLAR, Coleraine
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 August 12 22:55 BST (UK) »
 I have a Robert Millar born in 1902 at Margretta Terrace, Coleraine married to an Emily Millen from Knockintern. I think Margaretta Terrace is also on the Bushmills Road, Coleraine.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MILLAR, Coleraine
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 August 12 23:09 BST (UK) »
Margretta Terrace is, I think from memory, next to Albert Terrace. Unfortunately I'm unable to find Millars in Albert Terrace/Bushmills Rd. in 1901 census.

This might be your Robert Millar in 1911 on James St.- just off Bushmills Road:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Londonderry/Coleraine/James__Street/589554

James & Agnes Gilmore would have married before the start of marriage registration and child(ren) born roughly 1830/1850ish.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!