Author Topic: William Pritchard  (Read 6206 times)

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
William Pritchard
« on: Saturday 18 August 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
I have found a baptism record on IGI for my gggrandfather William Pritchard for 24 Apr 1825 in Stanton Upon Hine Heaths with his parents John & Ann Pritchard. I would love a copy of this, but what I really want to know is the maiden name of his mother - Ann. There is a marriage for a John Pritchard to Ann Wilkes 13  Feb 1798 (also IGI) but someones tree has him married to a Mary Ann Worden not sure which is correct. Can anyone help pleas
Pat
Chapman - Antrim/Liverpool
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline DORAN54

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Pritchard
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 18 August 12 21:11 BST (UK) »
hi there is a tree on another site that has william's parents as john pritchard born 1798 stanton upon hines  married ann smith at shawbury shropshire  18th aug 1823

their info is from LDS

Johns born 1798  parents are john born 1740 and jane gollins

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 August 12 14:56 BST (UK) »
Hi thanks for that it could be a possibility, looking at the marriage to Ann Wilkes I have realised it is definately a no-no especially if he was born in 1798! I haven't got his birth but I will look at this marriage.
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline andrew davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 19 August 12 17:51 BST (UK) »
Dont know how experienced you are but a word to the wise sometimes Pritchard was transcribed as Pritchards I am doing Pritchard (ketley Welllington and various other places) and the amount of William's there are is mind blowing

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 30 August 12 21:08 BST (UK) »
I am sure I have got the corrrect William Pritchard as it all ties up with census & births but just cannot tie up his mother, I think I will have to contact Shropshire Archive or one of the library to get a copy of the baptism record and see if it gives the mothers maiden name.
Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton

Offline andrew davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 31 August 12 14:03 BST (UK) »
if he wasnt illegitimate the chances are it wont give her surname you may also find as I have in the past hat only the father's name is given esp in 18th c

Offline Elamcc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 04 July 13 09:06 BST (UK) »
"noseyoap" I am wondering if you got anywhere with William Pritchard? I have him in the tree I am working on, I also have Mary Ann Worden, but have no idea where that information was gleaned from - I inherited this family tree from someone who had already been working on it for a while. They have given me names and such but no details on where the info came from.
I would love to know more about the rest of his family too, just to see if I have it right or have missed something.
I have William married to Mary Ann Jones (1853) and have 4 daughters - Hannah (1858-1909), Emma (1856), Jane (1855) and Eliza (1864).
Thanks

Offline david64

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Snow in Llansilin, 7 Jan 2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 05 July 13 15:21 BST (UK) »
Baptisms rarely give the mother's name. You need to try and identify all the children of your ancestor's parents, and then look for a marriage around the date of the first child. Keep in mind that their marriage may not be on FamilySearch.

If you have the birth-place of the mother, you can then see if you can find a baptism using the coordinates provided by the census and the married; then look for wills at Lichfield Archives to see if a parent, grandparent, sibling or otherwise can add extra weight to the relationship.

Offline noseyoap

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 05 July 13 19:16 BST (UK) »
"noseyoap" I am wondering if you got anywhere with William Pritchard? I have him in the tree I am working on, I also have Mary Ann Worden, but have no idea where that information was gleaned from - I inherited this family tree from someone who had already been working on it for a while. They have given me names and such but no details on where the info came from.
I would love to know more about the rest of his family too, just to see if I have it right or have missed something.
I have William married to Mary Ann Jones (1853) and have 4 daughters - Hannah (1858-1909), Emma (1856), Jane (1855) and Eliza (1864).
Thanks

Hi yes this is my family, Emma was my great grandma. I haven't got a lot more but I will look it up and see what else I have

Pat
Harde - Swansea
Lewis - Glamorgan
Eley - Lincolnshire
Guntrip - Acton