Author Topic: Pevreal/Pavreal Families Help please  (Read 6537 times)

Offline Pev

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pevreal/Pavreal Families Help please
« Reply #27 on: Monday 14 July 14 19:37 BST (UK) »
Hi there Pavreal, I'm also a descendant of William Henry Pevreal, and am attempting to establish a connection between him and my great-grandfather Edgar Alexander Pevreal, who was born in 1919 and passed away in 2005/6. Would you know anything about that side of the family? Likely candidates for his father would include Evan Pevreal, Richard Andrew Pevreal, one of George Pevreal's sons and perhaps even one of Arthur Pevreal's sons, if he had any.

Thanks,
Pev.

Offline Dragonluva

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pevreal/Pavreal Families Help please
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 24 July 18 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,
I am helping my sister trace her husband's tree and we have found the name PETHERILL very hard to find so are wondering if it is just another variation to add to your list! We have the marriage certificate for Annie KING  (married James LOGAN  14 June 1884 Wellington NZ) on it she states her parents are William KING and Sarah PETHERILL and that she was born in Gloucester, England and that she is 21 years old. We can not find a William King marrying Sarah Petherill so are wondering about your Sarah PEVERIL who would be about the right age and married John Thomas KING

1851 Census
Hewelsfield, Gloucester
HO107/2443/620/11
William PEVERIL, 32, Head, Mar, Labourer
Elizabeth, 31, Wife, Mar, born Chepstow, Monmouthshire, Wales
Sarah, 8, Daug
Hariet Peveril, 5, Daug
Mary Ann, 2, Daug
William Henry, 2mths, Son
All but Elizabeth born Hewelsfield, Glous

We have found Annie KING born March quarter1863 (which makes her the right age to be our Annie King) in Chepstow (UKBDM)  but don't know her parents. It would make her a wee baby if she come out with your family in July 1863.

We would be very interested to hear from anyone on this thread as to whether you think our Annie might tie in with the family you are tracing. The only bit that doesn't fit is her father being William seeing Sarah married John Thomas but thought it was worth asking in case you have found something we have missed.