Author Topic: Research assistance needed - Ottawa  (Read 848 times)

Offline dcheap

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Research assistance needed - Ottawa
« on: Tuesday 21 August 12 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am wanting to access information from a file at Library & Archives Canada in Wellington St, Ottawa.

I am in Australia and while LAC do have a copying service, they are unable due to lack of resources to give any information about the file and its contents prior to a formal copy request being lodged.
Therefore I am unsure whether the file relates solely to my person of interest, or whether the file contains a large number of records which I am not interested in and which might cost me many hundreds of dollars to have copied.

If anyone uses LAC and could at least indicate to me how many pages the file contains I would be very grateful and of course prepared to reimburse for time / costs etc if they are able to copy and send any information.

The reference number is
RG150  -  Ministry of the Overseas Military Forces of Canada  -  Series 8  -  File 649-C-17884  -  Microfilm Reel No T-8656  -  file ccess code 90  -  Finding Aid Number  150-5

Relates to a 1918 court martial of a Charles Henry CLIFFE regimental number 527710

Regards
dcheap