Author Topic: 1910 US Census - Joseph Saxton  (Read 842 times)

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1910 US Census - Joseph Saxton
« on: Tuesday 21 August 12 19:53 BST (UK) »
Could someone please let me have full details of Joseph Saxton born 1882 Pennsylvania on 1910 census.  I have some 1910 details from familysearch but..  there is Joseph Saxton age 27, wife Helena H Saxton 24, but it also has son August Saxton age 27 (followed by Bella Saxton age 26) and another son Frank O Saxton age 22 (followed by Katherine Saxton age 24 and Gertrude A Saxton age 1 m).  It is impossible for August and Frank to be sons of Joseph.  I am wondering if there are any further details on the image which would clarify this.  Family living Abington, Montgomery, Pennsylvania.  All down as born Pennsylvania.

I would be much obliged for some help on this.

With many thanks.

Zephyr
 :)

Census information is Crown Copyright from nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1910 US Census - Joseph Saxton
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 20:01 BST (UK) »
On the image, August and Frank are listed as son and there are little HH's next to them, which should indicate that are the sons of the 'head of household'.  Bella & Katherine are both listed as daughter-in-law with arrows pointing to August & Frank respectively.  Gertrude is listed as a granddaughter.

Doesn't seem to make much sense.

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 21:05 BST (UK) »
Hello Shellyesq

Thank you for looking up the image for me but unfortunately, as you say, it doesn't make sense!

Any chance you could check the surname of the family immediately above Joseph?  (Joseph married a Helena Scholl).  Just wondering if Joseph is indeed the head of the household or whether they all belong to the family immediately listed above them.  At this point in my research I don't have an August or Frank Saxton so just wondering who they are.  I am grasping at straws on this one!!!

With grateful thanks.

Zephyr
 ;D

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
The people above are Everett

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/MG79-1KF

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 22:10 BST (UK) »
The people above them don't seem to fit either, as the head is John B. Everett, age 42, born New York.

I don't seem to see those folks on other census records on a quick check, so my guess would be that the wrong surname was assigned to them.  Maybe they were actually brothers-in-law or they belong with another head of household.  

Offline Zephyr

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 21 August 12 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Sandra and ShellyEsq 

Thank you both for your time on this one.  A mystery as to who these people are!  Another mystery - I have Joseph and Helena on the 1920 census (from familysearch) living Montgomery, Pennsylvania with 2 children - Edna aged 12 and Charles aged 10.  Charles was born December 1909.  Unfortunately, I can't find Edna or Charles on 1910 census.  I seem to be having a few problems with this family at the moment! 

With grateful thanks.

Zephyr