Author Topic: Leslie Child-Smith  (Read 1752 times)

Offline antconan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Leslie Child-Smith
« on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:02 BST (UK) »
Good day

Was wondering if someone can help somehow? I'm pretty new to all this ... I am just trying to find any information about my father whom my mother hardly knew. Sounds weird but will give you the run down: His name is Leslie Child-Smith (not sure if there is a hyphen or not), I think he was 27 and died the year before I was born in 1976 in Durban city centre near the old Field or Gardner Street, he had fallen from a window at his block of flats. My mother briefly knew him for about 5 months but knew he was divorced and had 2 daughters. She also told me that he was buried at Stellawood Cemetry but have yet to find anything.

I'm not sure if anyone would be able to assist but would appreciate anything?

Kind regards

Anthony Welthagen (Pitchen)

Offline braw

• RootsChat Senior
  • South Africa Bloemfontein
    • View Profile
Re: Leslie Child-Smith
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 August 12 09:02 BST (UK) »
This could be the divorce proceedings. ???

Depot:KAB (Cape Town Archives)
Source:CSC
Volume:2/1/1/5123
Reference:5341
Description:Illiquid Case, Restitution of conjugal rights.Anna Elizabeth Jeanetta Anneline CHILDSMITH ( born De Jongh) versus Kenneth Leslie CHILDSMITH.
Date:1975.

I can find only one reference to a CHILDSMITH buried in the Stellawood cemetery but he died in 1920.

Bruce

Offline antconan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 September 12 22:04 BST (UK) »
Thank you Braw

Sorry for late response ... Have tried to look her name up further but havent been successful. I shall continue as and when I get time.

Regards

Offline annette.potgieter

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 June 16 01:08 BST (UK) »
hi my name is Annette Childsmith Potgieter . I believe you are my half brother. i would love to know you.
dad used to call me nettie my sisters name is elize. i only met my dads family last year . my mom died last year on her birthday. she was the best mom .