Author Topic: 1841 Lookup for Richard Gate? COMPLETED Thank you  (Read 5535 times)

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
  • Elizabeth Milward b 1884
    • View Profile
1841 Lookup for Richard Gate? COMPLETED Thank you
« on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:28 BST (UK) »
Hello

Would be very grateful if someone could help me out with one of my brick walls. Looking for the following if they were still alive:

Richard & Jane Gate

Jane Born 1772 so will be showing as 65 or 70? She was born in county (at Arthuret).

Richard's birth currently unknown but am guessing if he is still about will show as 70.

Should be in Longtown or Wigton area.  Grandchildren born in Holme Cultrum.

Thank you if you can help. Don't get to do much research nowadays but like to wobble the niggly ones now and then and just got some new info which leads me to this. Is still exciting!

Archer, Walker, Armstrong, King, Watson, Hoodless, Milward, Gate.

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lookup for Richard Gate?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:34 BST (UK) »
Can you give any childrens names ,there are 2 Janes in Wigton
theres a Jeremiah 62 and she is 58
John Gate aged 80 Jane 60 theres a Sarah 30 Jane 25 in same household,unfortunately the 41 census does not give relationship or place of birth also ages are rounded up and down to nearest 5 yrs
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:36 BST (UK) »
theres a Richard Gate 70 in Wigton with Ann 40 and Joseph Wise 20
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:41 BST (UK) »
Crikey that was quick - thank you so much!!

I have the following children:

Richard born 1801
Joseph 1803
Robert 1805
William 1806 (died 1809)
Henry 1808
and another William 1811

no girls though, maybe just an incomplete list? All were born Wigton so the Richard you posted is most likely. I will try and tie him into Ann in some way and see if there is a link.

Could I ask for reference if not too much bother. Thanks again, very much appreciated!

Please note that any information supplied to lookup requests is for the purpose of private study and research only, and may not be used for commercial purposes.  All Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:42 BST (UK) »
Oh sorry, was he born in county?

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 20:55 BST (UK) »
Eeee well -

Ann Gate bap 03 Apr 1795   
Arthuret,​ Cumberland,​ England
parents:   Richard Gate,​ Jane Renwick

Does throw my 1800 marriage date for them into doubt but looks like a good match.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 22:16 BST (UK) »
Theres a marriage for Richard Gate
Jane Renwick
2 entries on familysearch
21 Nov 1800 and 24 Nov 1800 Arthuret
pity theres no image available

Offline sue smith

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 22:23 BST (UK) »
Yes that is my two, looking at IGI Ann is listed as being Gate or Renwick so possibly she was one side of the marriage and the boys all the other. May have to get hold of copy of register I think.

If the Richard you found is in Holme Cultram I would put a fair bit on it being him as this is where they moved too and I have sources to tie them to there? Is it the right bit of Wigton?

Thank you for the help

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 22 August 12 22:26 BST (UK) »
Ref for Richard

HO107 160/20/6/7
Newton,West,Bromfield,Westnewton

Jane 58
Longnewton,Holme Culram Holme East Waver
HO107 162/10/5/5

Found another Jane 76 but she seems to be married to Henry 71
Barugh Wigton Waverton Low Bound
HO107 188/9/7/8

jANE 60
HO107 163/13/11/17Church Hill Westward Stoneraise