Author Topic: General search facility?  (Read 10376 times)

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: General search facility?
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 25 August 12 20:14 BST (UK) »
Just got back in, thanks for all the responses.

heatherjulie, as far as I know there's no-one in family called Connolly, but why do you ask?

~~~~~~~~---------

The haste of the marriage suggests there was a child pending, yet the life of Mary Alice Jones beyond her marriage is to date a complete mystery?

I am in the meantime studying the sent information and am open to any suggestion, plus I didn't know about the Oldham cemetery search.

Offline heatherjulie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 25 August 12 22:06 BST (UK) »
hi
The Mary Alice buried in Dukinfield is with a family called Connelly/Connolly

Heather

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 September 12 14:17 BST (UK) »

What you have to keep in mind is that generally family history is not a primary function of Register Offices and I have no doubt seen by many as a pain in the backside.

Andy

Hi Andy,

I accept that family history is not a primary function of Register Offices but as they do offer a service to provide certificates for a fee which you are willing to pay then you should be treated as any other customer, irrespective of why you want a certificate and without reference to when the event took place

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 02 September 12 14:38 BST (UK) »
Whilst I accept that it may well be a matter of some interest to you to find when and where Mary Alice may have died,in general terms you are very unlikely to find out anything of significance about your families from her Death Certificate itself.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 03 September 12 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi William,

Yes, a death certificate might reveal nothing about my Mary Alice Jones but on the other hand I have been surprised a few times by the things written on death (and marriage) certificates, especially by inter census year addresses that I had never heard of before, which lead me to discover further bits of information held in rates records and electoral register lists.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 03 September 12 01:09 BST (UK) »
hi

Where did your grandfather remarry in 1936? I can't see a suitable marriage in Manchester, the closest is Stockport.

Andy

Offline Eastman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 03 September 12 01:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Andy,

It was Stockport which I have, sorry to have mislead you about this.

I'm tempted to view the Mary Alice Jones grave at Greenacres, Oldham tomorrow, but I'm still thinking if there's an angle I have overlooked.

The trouble with these matters is, is that the truth of what happened usually turns out to be much more simple than you imagine yet somehow no easier to grasp.

Offline andycand

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 03 September 12 01:46 BST (UK) »
Hi

If you search on FreeBMD http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl leaving first name blank, enter fathers surname, mothers surname and date range 1921 to 1936 you should find your fathers birth, also any siblings. Where and when would be helpful.

I couldn't find any with mothers surname Fielden but there are quite a few with mothers surname Fielding. millymcb has suggested a couple in an earlier post.

Manchester Register Office only has the registers for the area they cover, they don't have Stockport or other areas of Cheshire & Lancashire.

Andy