Author Topic: 1873 Discharge records 59th Foot Regiment  (Read 3364 times)

Offline maggbill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Francis McNab 1874 - 1932
    • View Profile
Re: 1873 Discharge records 59th Foot Regiment
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 September 12 10:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Bill,
I agree whole heartedly with you about viewing the original records.  I think that is about 90% of the joy of doing family tree -  finding  records written at the time of the actual events!! 

Well, it looks like the Discharge papers/and/or Pension records vary a bit - my Michael's papers gave a description of him on discharge, but no family info, and no medical details given at all, and certainly no details whatsoever of the ongoing pension situation. 

Bit hard for me to visit Kew - think my travelling days are over - can't afford it these days, and the trip from Australia is somewhat expensive lolol.

Anyway at least I did get his discharge papers... will keep on searching for his later whereabouts and what happened to his daughter.

Cheers - and thanks again for your input!
Maggs
McNab, Kenney, Johnstone, Carrigan, (Cargan, Kirgan, Corrigan), Toll, Tracey, McNulty,  Reilly, Maguire, Loughlin, Banks, McGonagle, Forsyth, McDonald, Michael,  Kennedy, Bagnell, Cronan, Dunleavy, McMullan. -  Glasgow, Ireland, British Columbia Canada, Manchester New Hampshire USA.