Author Topic: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 10 Episode #3 - Patrick Stewart  (Read 14366 times)

Offline Berlin-Bob

• Caretaker
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 10 Episode #3 - Patrick Stewart
« Reply #54 on: Sunday 02 September 12 11:51 BST (UK) »
several posts seem to have disappeared from this thread

I cut several post out as they were getting too personal and speculative about Patrick Stewart and some were getting personal about other contributors on this topic.

regards,
Bob
Any UK Census Data included in this post is Crown Copyright (see: www.nationalarchives.gov.uk)

Offline Maggie1895

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: BBC TV "WDYTYA?" Series 10 Episode #3 - Patrick Stewart
« Reply #55 on: Sunday 02 September 12 13:51 BST (UK) »
Maggie,  these programmes are made for money, Patrick's brother looked a bit uncomfortable, presumably he still lives in the area and there could be people who know more about the family, but I'm sure he would be getting a cheque as well. Why else would you do this.    
There were 3 brothers.  Geoffrey b1925, Trevor, & Patrick b1940
The brother we saw at the end was Trevor
The one whose parentage had been in question was Geoffrey.  Although it was never actually stated that he had died, Patrick seemed to speak about him in the past tense.   Linda 

Skoosh, fair point.
Linda, you're right I hadn't picked up that it was a different brother shown at the end.

And as Bucksboy commented, it was 'Patrick's journey'.    At least the producers will know that it provoked some lively debate, and I suppose if the programmes were all the same the great viewing public who aren't all family history-fixated might get jaded.
Census information Crown Copywright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk / National Archives of Scotland