Author Topic: Baptismal Help * COMPLETED *  (Read 5216 times)

Offline jason mac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Baptismal Help * COMPLETED *
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 20 December 18 17:33 GMT (UK) »
George McMurray - Ballywalter
I have copies of his marriage and the baptisms from 2nd Ballyeaston.  Send me your email and I can email you them.

His daughter Rosey Bell McMurray would seem to be a good fit with Rose Ann McMurray.  I could find no trace of any children to Rose Ann's marriage to William Kerr.  My guess is her proper name was Rose Ann Bell McMurray.

20/10/1856  Mary Ann McMurray of Cogrey, married Patrick McCabe at Antrim Registrars office.  The witnesses George McTrustry and Elizabeth McMurray.  George McMurray the father of the bride - occupation gardener.  Cogrey would be about a mile north of Doagh village, so about 2 miles from Ballywalter.  The McTrustry's seem to have moved to Carrick and then into Belfast before returning again to Carrick. 

The Springmount Street McMurrays I believe are possibly the children of George from Ballywalter.  I have 2 marriages.
Thomas married Anne McGimpsey in 1871.
George married Matilda White in 1869.

George's occupation is given as gardener on both registrations.

I have a suspicion that some of George McMurray's children ended up in and around Ligoneil.  William Kerr and Rose Ann married at Ballysillan.  A John McCabe married an Ellen McMurray at Ballysillan in 1879.  The occupation and father for John McCabe is the same as that for the marriage of Patrick McCabe and Mary Ann McMurray.  A witness at the wedding was an Elizabeth Kerr.  I think Patrick McCabe and Mary Ann also trace to Ligoneil.

Now there is a problem with the Ligoneil records.  There appears to be another McMurray family in the same area and their roots appear to lie in County Armagh.  I have not been able to accurately verify if the McMurrays at Ligoneil are indeed the children of George McMurray from Ballywalter.

I am not on Ancestry so I cannot view your tree.  However I do have a Brennan ancestor:-
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Brennan-2602