Author Topic: Aberbury Farm, wrexham  (Read 2625 times)

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Aberbury Farm, wrexham
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 10:31 BST (UK) »
Thankyou William

Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 16:20 BST (UK) »
The current equivalent address is Holly Corner,Abenbury-just by the Llwyn Onn Hall Hotel.There apppears to be two cottages together of that name in the censuses.
To see the properties originally named  go to www.old-maps.co.uk
Use the search term "Holly Corner"
From the resultant list choose the Abenbury option
When the map loads go to the drop down list on the right of equivalent position historic maps and choose the 1899 1:2500 scale
When this loads "Twmpath" should be in the centre of the map.One off click on the map magnifies or use your Windows zoom facility.

There is also an 1834 will relating to this property in the name of Thomas Jones at
http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon

Use the search terms:
Name: Thomas Jones
Township: Twmpath Cottage

Regards
Roger

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 21:21 BST (UK) »
Many thanks roger for this, ive managed to find the map ok, but the will i couldnt seem to find it even when i put in township as Twnpath cottage.... it must be NA site as the England one i have trouble with too, just canny seem to get my head round them.

regards
Weenie
Names i am researching are: Riley, Peaker, Jones,Smith, Dobson, Ford, Humphries, Cross, Peckston, Power, Raby, Raper, Snipe Hulse, Whelan, Darling, Morton, Wild, Moss, Ibbotson, Grimes, Broadbelt, Jowett, Nicholson
Areas of interest: Leeds, Castleford, Wakefield, Kent, Westham, Northumberland, Lancashire, Pontefract,  Flintshire, Liverpool

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 21:47 BST (UK) »
Just to be sure - it's Twmpath Cottage with an "m".Even this alone under "township"should bring it up under Thomas Jones.Then just click on Image 1 etc(it appears much further down the page).Worth another try:
"
http://cat.llgc.org.uk/cgi-bin/gw/chameleon?skin=profeb&lng=en

Regards
Roger

Offline weenie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 05 September 12 21:53 BST (UK) »
Found it thankyou

Weenie