Author Topic: Kew ookup request please >>>  (Read 1344 times)

Offline halfasheep

• RootsChat Veteran
  • White and Buckley family
    • View Profile
Kew ookup request please >>>
« on: Wednesday 05 September 12 06:31 BST (UK) »
HI all, I've never been there, and quite frankly for what info they hold regarding my family it's not going to be worth the expense.

However, there is a set of documents there relating to a law case surrounding inheritence, and it is possible it will give a reasonable amount of info about some family.

I submitted a request for the documentation to be copied, but they have come back stating it is too much for them too copy, so they are suggesting I pay for either a researcher to do it, or use their own researchers - from a post I have made, it looks likely that Kew will be charging the best part of £60+ to do the copying, but there may be an independent who could do it for around £20-£40.

I have no idea about the number of pages they have, but I do at least have the reference - J 90/92 - it's to do with a court case relating to Richard Hobby and his daughter's inheritance.

If someone is going, and are looking at that section of papers, would they mind checking it out for me?

I'd like to know the number of pages it contains as a first stop, and if I can be really cheeky, if someone was able to photograph them and e-mail them to me, I would be extremely grateful  ;D
census info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Buckley - Maesteg, Tipperary
Lane - Waterford
Hughes - Hay/Hereford
Hobby - Byford
Evans - Neath/Cadoxton
Whitty - Wexford, South Wales
Connell - Ireland, and possibly Liverpool
White - Kinsale, Cork
Ahearn(?) - Glanmire, Cork
Millward - Merthyr, Maesteg