Author Topic: Pearson Connahs Quay  (Read 5118 times)

Offline miildredmartha

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pearson Connahs Quay
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 08 September 12 15:36 BST (UK) »
Hello again Roger and Wow......
You managed such a lot for me..and you have my thanks x

When I said Sarah Ellen was a Jones in the 81 census she was. With her gran Ann Jones at Bryn Chapel Llannefydd as G Daughter. Who I am sure is Thomas's mother,
Sarah in later life lived in the school house Llannefydd ie 1940 s she spoke welsh as a first language.
You have maybe unravelled some thing in Abergele Richard Evans  was married twice not sure of his 1st wife's name.
But his 2nd says she was a spinster! Born Penmaenuchaf Lysfaen father David Roberts, her name Jane Roberts. Evan Evan Davies & x of Ellenor Davies 13 DEC 1867Witnessed, Carmel chapel Conway both lived in lysfaen Jane 43 Richard 42 I've had this cert since 04"(and didn't do as well as you)
Re Thomas and Elizabeth  I have the cert for them as marrying as Herbert in Connahs  quay DEC 1872" this prob was why Sarah Ellen marr as Abbott as her mum removed her from the union st Asaph  before baptism,
Stephen Hughes  was a witness ..seems he was either stepfather or bros to Elizabeth  Roberts.Mary Ann Abbott was def the daughter within marriage and born by the Old Smithy Wepre.
I was very lucky to find the Hughes link. The Tom Abbott jun went to Canada after he marr a Sophia Evans. ( he left her in the lurch). Seems to have marr there and had a daughter Dorothy .Rhyl wife still alive. But he died in Windsor Ontario  his D Cert gives his Mothers name as Elizabeth **Hughes!***,father Tom Abbott Rhyl.
St Asaph Union gives mother as Roberts. Elizabeth marr as it.
But some where there is this link to Pearson . Half sis ?
At my Dads funeral 1947
There are cousins Mrs E farley Garnet st .Mr & Mrs Hughes Abbey st  Rhyl. Mr &Mrs J Green Balmoral Grove..
Don't know if this helps but I was just little when he died. He was 33 years old
Once again I think we are both right that Sarah Roberts was Elizabeth's Mum .
Again I must thank u x my sight is only partial and with this ipad it makes a huge diff to how I see.so your help is invaluable .
Mary alias MM

abbott jones roberts i Wales  lennox mcmeekan   aiken Dunn  Carson Andeson  In Ireland
lee Carter Mathews Potter Martin Edwards  Hampshire and surrey

Offline debdeb

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 12:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Roger

We have not "spoken" before but I have seen your posts regarding the Pearsons of Connahs Quay and although I was aware of there being a link to my family - ( I have my great great grandmother - Elizabeth Roberts - obituary and so saw the mourners who attended her funeral ) - There is still quite a lot of confusion with regards to this family - Elizabeths daughter - Sarah Ellen is my great grandmother so I have a lot of info there.  Are the Pearsons . Hughes in your family history or were you researching for Mary?  ( I was in contact with her a few years ago when I started researching that branch of my tree )

Look forward to hearing from you

Regards
Debe

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 February 13 15:06 GMT (UK) »
They are not part of my family,I was just trying to help.From memory there was some further PM correspondence.I would have to review it to see if there was any significant other speculation or conclusion,if it is of further interest-you may have come to a different conclusion of course - as you say there was considerable doubt.

Regards
Roger