Author Topic: Trying to find the death of Charles Mahomed Deen  (Read 9693 times)

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to find the death of Charles Mahomed Deen
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 15 September 12 11:43 BST (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 15 September 12 11:51 BST (UK) »
And finally - the judge commented.... He was sorry to say he could not consider Mrs. Deen a witness of the truth. He thought she knew a great deal more than she admitted; she knew she was signing the document, and as her husband could not read and she could, a reasonable inference was that she read it..
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0r3r/

Cando

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 September 12 12:02 BST (UK) »
Thanks Cando,
interesting the fact that it doesn't seem like Charles was there for the trial . There is really only reference to Charlotte being there. You would have thought maybe he would have been there as well??

Offline melmaree

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 15 September 12 12:47 BST (UK) »
I was wondering if someone could tell me if I ordered a copy of marriage certificate from the 1940s, would this tell me the grooms fathers name and if he is deceased or not.
If I ordered one of Charles sons marriage certificates(a few of them married in the 40s), this could tell me at that time if Charles was still alive or not.

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:27 BST (UK) »
I think they should but ...

First tell us the marriages and dates and let us see if we can find a marriage announcement on trove.  Usually the marriage announcements say who parents are and whether they are the "late" parents or not.

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline cupoflife

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:34 BST (UK) »

Was going to suggest that you try and narrow your time frame by his childrens  marriages or even deaths (if any died before Charles). Marriage announcements for his children or even death announcements for his siblings in newspapers may also state if Charles was deceased at the time. Certificates ofcourse could always be a keepsake for your family tree anyway.

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:45 BST (UK) »
interesting the fact that it doesn't seem like Charles was there for the trial . There is really only reference to Charlotte being there. You would have thought maybe he would have been there as well??

It would appear that a dividend had been declared on his estate [insolvency] however the court case was an action on a guarantee given by Charlotte not Charles so his presence wasn't necessary.
http://www.archives.qld.gov.au/Researchers/CollectionsDownloads/Documents/BG17Insolvency.pdf

WW2 Service Summary for Elam with Charlotte noted as NOK so are we to assume that Charles was deceased by  28 Jan 1942, date of enlistment.  Discharged 11 Apr 1942.  Usually the father of the enlistee is noted as NOK.
http://www.ww2roll.gov.au/Veteran.aspx?serviceId=A&veteranId=356856

I was wondering if someone could tell me if I ordered a copy of marriage certificate from the 1940s
Where did the marriage in the 1940's take place?  Queensland historical marriage certs are only available to 1937.

Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:51 BST (UK) »
Perhaps the marriages were in NSW...there are three possibilities Alan, Ellam and Charles ie if they are the children whose births were registered to Charles and Charlotte in Qld.
http://www.rootschat.com/links/0r3v/

Cando

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:53 BST (UK) »
Transcriptions of certificates are available in NSW...a cheaper option than purchasing a certified certificate and the information is the same.  Transcript is emailed to you.
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/familyHistory/howToTraceYouFamTree.htm#TranscriptionAgent

Cando