Author Topic: blacksmith LLanfair william davies  (Read 2202 times)

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
blacksmith LLanfair william davies
« on: Wednesday 12 September 12 19:42 BST (UK) »
has anyone got this gentleman in there sights, married Margaret Davies 1909 found them in the census, I am interested in Margaret looking for there marrage was Margret's father Daniel Davies mother Emma ?

Thank You

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: blacksmith LLanfair william davies
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 September 12 21:02 BST (UK) »
When you say 1909 that they married in 1909 you are going by the 1911 Census which states they had been married for two years?However they would also state they had been married two years if they had married lets say in the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter of 1908.

This is all that I can find that may fit.There is a marriage of a Maggie Davies to a John Roberts in the St Asaph District of Denbighshire in the Apr/May/Jun quarter of 1908.There is  also a marriage of a William Davies to a Margaret Roberts in the St Asaph District of Denbighshire in the Oct/Nov/Dec quarter of 1908.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 13 September 12 15:55 BST (UK) »
Thank you William, Margaret Davies is my brickwall, I don't know the Grooms name, she went to Patagonia between 1911 1920, so hard to search the passenger lists without married name.
A very kind person on here mentioned I could ask the General Registrar to search by year just using her name and her Fathers but when I rang the they said they would not do with such a common name as hers.

I have one of Margaret's sisters marriage certificate to order in the hope that Margaret was a witness, other than that I am out of options.

If they showed the Fathers name on Ancestry I would be home and dry but it is not to be 

Thanks for the reply.

Valerie
PS the family seem to have been Weslyn Methodist's would searching the Parrish records show more and how would I do that, would you know?

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 13 September 12 16:37 BST (UK) »
As far as the family being Wesleyan Methodists,quite frankly searching the Parish Registers would be fruitless,there baptisms etc were  probably in Wesleyan Methodist Chapels.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 13 September 12 16:44 BST (UK) »
Thanks, back on the back burner

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 13 September 12 18:51 BST (UK) »
Reading your second message again,am I right in saying that the Margaret who married the Blacksmith is not necessarily the one you are seeking?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline valerie1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 September 12 06:41 BST (UK) »
Your absolutely right William, Margaret's mother came from Llanfair that's why I was intrested in it.

In the last census there is a Margret Davies working as a servant in a butchers shop, I have always believed this to be my great aunt in Abergele, as she was a servant in another census and the age fits.

In a letter from a second cousin who I found sadly passed away he said in 1920 when my grand,mother was ill and sent to the union to die, Margaret was married with two boys and gone to Patagonia, as all of them seemed to stay in Abergele, I wonder why Maggie is proving hard to trace although one of her sisters did marry in Rhyl where the husband came from .

Enough of me going on and Thanks once again