Author Topic: James and Andrew Murray  (Read 3156 times)

Offline liz_bern

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James and Andrew Murray
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:09 BST (UK) »
Hi again Lisa,

Yes, I have found their marriage certificate, they were married 27 August 1886, so it all ties in.  Her maiden name was Agnes Wotherspoon.  Will check out the childrens births when I get a new ink cartridge for my printer.

The place that you cant read could be Motherwell, which is actually where my mother was born near Glasgow.

The marriage cert lists him as an engine fitter (journeyman), so it is all looking good.

Cheers Liz :)

Wow you are really finding the goods.  Thanks for that.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:13 BST (UK) »
Andrew Murray 1862 - 1947

Burial: Media Cemetery  Media Delaware County Pennsylvania.

http://www.rootschat.com/links/0r22/

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:16 BST (UK) »
Agnes Wotherspoon Murray  1862 - 1964

Burial: Media Cemetery  Media Delaware County Pennsylvania,

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=murray&GSfn=agnes&GSiman=1&GScid=45395&GRid=4201866&

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:34 BST (UK) »
You are quite welcome, Liz.

Hi Sandra.  I saw Andrew's burial "early on" (prior to reading the census records), but ignored it because no other family members were listed in the same cemetery.  Thank you for looking, as Agnes is buried in the same cemetery (incorrect year of birth, but it is her).

Good night for now.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline liz_bern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thanks for that.  Yes the date is wrong for Agnes but must definitely be her especially with the Wotherspoon put in there.

What can I now do to find if there was any grandchildren for these two.  Not too sure about searching for American ancestors.

Hope you have some ideas.

Cheers Liz

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:44 BST (UK) »
The year of birth recorded on find a grave was obviously a typo error

Social Security Death Index :-

Marjory J. Murray
Born 5 March 1895 and died 19 August 1995
Last Residence: 34683  Palm Harbor, Pinellas, Florida,
SSN was issued in Pennsylvania (Before 1951)

Sandra

Offline liz_bern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 13 September 12 10:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Sandra,

Thank you again.  I dont think I am going to find many offspring as it looks like Agnes may have been the only one that got married.  Also Margaret their first born may have got married as she is not listed on the census of 1840.  William the only boy appears to be living at home with mum and dad in 1940 also so it looks like the Murray name has died here as well.

Thanks once again for your help.

Cheers Liz   :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 13 September 12 11:08 BST (UK) »
New York Passenger List - Agnes Murray born about 1890 Scotland and aged 60 years. Address given 35 West 7th Street. Media. PA
Port of Departure: Southampton, England to New York on the Queen Elizabeth, arriving 8 March 1950

Sandra

Offline liz_bern

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 15 September 12 13:25 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Sandra.  Been without a computer for a couple of days as our computer closed down the other day and then decided it wouldnt open again.  Had to go and buy a new one.  You have given me some more things to chase up.  It is a shame that we havent been able to find anything on James, but I'm sure that something may come up eventually.

Cheers Liz